https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/89395-search_function_in_mt_online_does_not_work.html

Search function in MT Online does not work
Thread poster: Johanne
Johanne
Johanne
Local time: 05:03
English to German
+ ...
Nov 15, 2007

Hello
we use MultiTerm Online to make our terminology available within the company. Unfortunately, though, the search function is not working at the moment and I can't figure out why not.

We use MultiTerm 7.1.0.361 and have two databases (stored on a server), one we work and play with and one which we make available using MultiTerm Online.

When I call either of them up in the "regular" MultiTerm, the search function works fine, even with fuzzy. But when I open e
... See more
Hello
we use MultiTerm Online to make our terminology available within the company. Unfortunately, though, the search function is not working at the moment and I can't figure out why not.

We use MultiTerm 7.1.0.361 and have two databases (stored on a server), one we work and play with and one which we make available using MultiTerm Online.

When I call either of them up in the "regular" MultiTerm, the search function works fine, even with fuzzy. But when I open either of them in MultiTerm Online (even with admin rights), the search function does not work at all but tells me "Fehler bei Suchvorgang. Kontaktieren Sie den lokalen MultiTerm-Administrator."

Unfortunately I don't even know where to start looking for a solution and I haven't found anything helpful in the Trados KB either.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks a lot
Julie
Collapse

RobAshton_UK
RobAshton_UK
Local time: 04:03
English
Still an issue? Dec 6, 2007

Are you still having trouble with MT Online?

Johanne
Johanne
Local time: 05:03
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, for some reason it's working again Dec 6, 2007

Hello Rob,
for some reason, maybe a new start of the server, the function is available and running again. I don't know what did it but am glad that it's working again.
If you have any suggestions, though, I would be more than grateful, just in case it happens again... Also some other people here might benefit.

Thanks for your reply
Johanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search function in MT Online does not work

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »