Thread poster: Luis M. Cuerdo Galarraga
Luis M. Cuerdo Galarraga
Luis M. Cuerdo Galarraga  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 15, 2007

I saw this same question answered in a forum but I can't find it.

I wanted to know how do you manage to do the tageditor shortcuts in a laptop keyboard. Specially "close segment/open next"

Thxs!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Add the "Fn" key on the laptop to the usual shortcut Nov 15, 2007

Look at this image:

The Fn key is marked red and the corresponding "Num" keys are all keys with extra small description in the green field.

Please note, that some laptops will require you pressing the Fn key as the first key in the shortcut, some others not.

HTH
Jerzy

Haiyang Ai (X)
Haiyang Ai (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:18
English to Chinese
+ ...
Different brand may have different layout. Nov 16, 2007

Jerzy's using Mac G4 from Apple. If you're using other types(HP, Toshiba, etc), you may find slightly different keyboard layout. But it's a good habbit to use keyboard shortcuts, especially for frequently used application, like Trados, and Firefox.

English-Chinese Translator
www.chineservice.com

texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:18
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sony Nov 16, 2007

In my laptop (Sony Vaio) the combination is Fn+Alt+P.

I discovered this thanks to "Wizard" Jerzy (by the way, thank you again).

You might need to use different keys, though...

Have a great day you all.

Luis M. Cuerdo Galarraga
Luis M. Cuerdo Galarraga  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Nov 16, 2007

Thank you Jerzy for the nice picture!

Even if it is a PC-laptop it has the same layout as the Mac and it works fine

kind regards

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I'm not using Mac... Nov 18, 2007

and maybe I should have written that.
This picture was intended only to demonstrate what I meant - and Mac Powerbook was the first picture I foould with quality beeing good enough to show here, so I took it

In fact you must test your own laptop, as with some you will have to press CTRL key first and then Fn and with some others the Fn key will want to be pressed as the first one in the combination. Especially To
... See more
and maybe I should have written that.
This picture was intended only to demonstrate what I meant - and Mac Powerbook was the first picture I foould with quality beeing good enough to show here, so I took it

In fact you must test your own laptop, as with some you will have to press CTRL key first and then Fn and with some others the Fn key will want to be pressed as the first one in the combination. Especially Toshiba has had a special behaviour on that, as far as I remember from my Trados training somwhere.
Nevertheless, using the Fn key is definitely he best solution for a laptop, beside buying an external numeric pad (may be quite comfortable at home, but is unusable in a plane for example) or using an external keyboard.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor in laptop

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »