Query regarding Proz TGB (Trados Starter Pack)
Thread poster: Hendarto Setiadi

Hendarto Setiadi  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 05:15
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Nov 17, 2007

I joined the Proz TGB-Program to purchase the Starter Pack Offer (SDL Trados 2007 SP1 Software + Training Session+ Certification Exam) as advertised on Proz.com.

However, when I followed the link that was sent to me, I was asked to choose between "SDL Trados 2007 Freelance - Certification starter Pack - SDLX- TGB" and "SDL Trados 2007 Freelance - Certification starter Pack - Workbench - TGB".

Since I am an absolute newbie to TM, could someone please explain the difference between these two options?

I have sent an email to , but have yet to received a response. Because the sale closes on 11/19, I opted to post this here in hope of a speedy reply.

Best regards,
Hendarto

Direct link Reply with quote

Ayob Salleh  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:15
English to Malay
Query regarding Proz TGB (Trados Starter Pack) Nov 17, 2007

When you buy Trados 2007, you have the opportunity to use Trados (Translator Workbench) and SDLX - two software with different user interface - since you mention you are new explore Trados - go to SDL international - - tutorial for Trados or explore SDL go to SDL international - translation in SDLX - Hope this helps.

Hendarto Setiadi  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 05:15
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reply Nov 20, 2007

Hello Ayob,

many thanks for your reply. In the end I chose the Workbench package.

Salam,
Hendarto

Susanne Reiche  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:15
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Can anyone tell me if Workbench or SDLX files are interchangeable? Nov 20, 2007

Dear everyone,

Just like Hendarto I am faced with the decision, which one to buy. Can anyone plaease tell me if the TMs and translated files are interchangeable? Can I use previous TMs from TRADOS with the SDLX interface? Can I also open projects with SDLX interface, which have been translated with TRADOS?

Please help quickly!!

Thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Query regarding Proz TGB (Trados Starter Pack)

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search