Thread poster: Elena Carbonell

Elena Carbonell  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:24
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 17, 2007

I bought Trados 12 hours ago, just before going to bed. I installed it, paid for it, did the activation, had a peek and I was happy.
This morning I cannot even start it, I get an error message: acces denied to the registry.
The Trados SDLX gives me activation errors.
I cannot find a topic here or in Trados that gives a solution to this problem. Is there someone out there who can help me?

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
What's Nov 17, 2007

Hi Elena,

You don't give us much information about the version and build of Trados or what OS that you are using. In fact, I'm not sure whether you are trying to launch Trados or SDLX, which are separate programs.

If it's Trados, you could try reregistering the program from the SDL icon group:

Start\SDL International\SDL Trados 2007 Freelance\Trados\Register SDL Trados 2007

Or you may be trying to access Trados without administrator rights. This is possible but AFAIR you have to tell Trados to enable this function during the installation process (perhaps someone else knows more).

You might also find more help if you type the error message into the SDL help database:

http://sdl.custhelp.com/

Suerte,

Giles

Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More info! Nov 17, 2007

Sorry for not giving much info. I was (am) so distressed...
If you can help me I would very much appreciate it. Here is the information you asked me about:

The version is Trados 2007 freelance (it´s in fact the version advertised in TGB).
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium on a HP Pavilion, Intel Core Duo, 2046 RAM computer. A 2 month old computer.

When I installed there were (are) two icons on my desktop, SDL Trados 2007 and SDLX. Yesterday I already registered both with the licence they provided, succeded and opened both programs and everything was ok.
This morning I cannot even open SDL freelance, the moment I click on it I get a registry error message. When I click on SDLX I get an error message saying that my product is not registered. If I go to my registration page it says that I have already registered. Number of licences: 0.
I cannot believe it, a program that works for less than 10 hours.
I already reported it by their e-mail support service but I cannot get anyone on the phone since I would have to pay the 190 euros for extra assistance.
Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
OK then. Nov 17, 2007

Hi again Elena,

I have XP as my OS so take everything I say with a pinch of salt.

On the TW_users Yahoo group, a number of users reported a problem similar to yours which they solved by uninstalling Trados and reinstalling with Vista's UAC (User Account Control) disabled.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/42376

Your user account will also need local administrative rights.

HTH

Giles
PS
See also Answer ID 2125

Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you soooooooooooooooo much!!!! Nov 17, 2007

It´s solved. That was it. Deinstall it, turned off the UAC and install it again and now it´s working as it should... (I hope). I reinitiated the computer just in case...
Thanks again, you are brilliant!!!

Elena

[Edited at 2007-11-17 20:57]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Registry error, not even starting

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search