Installed Word 2003: Trados 2007 gone missing
Thread poster: g-wester
g-wester
g-wester  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:41
English to Norwegian
Nov 19, 2007

I used to have Word 97 installed on my computer, and now I have just installed Word 2003 (all of Microsoft Office 2003, to be precise). I used to have Trados 2007 on my computer, but after I installed Word 2003 I cannot find the usual Trados toolbar anywhere in Word, and hence cannot use Trados with Word-files. I can still open the Trados Workbench, which seems to be functioning as normal. I have tried reinstalling Trados, but the problem remains. Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
... See more
I used to have Word 97 installed on my computer, and now I have just installed Word 2003 (all of Microsoft Office 2003, to be precise). I used to have Trados 2007 on my computer, but after I installed Word 2003 I cannot find the usual Trados toolbar anywhere in Word, and hence cannot use Trados with Word-files. I can still open the Trados Workbench, which seems to be functioning as normal. I have tried reinstalling Trados, but the problem remains. Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

[Edited at 2007-11-19 19:21]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:41
English to German
+ ...
Which Trados version? Nov 19, 2007

Hi Gry,
Please note the suggestions provided when posting a new topic in this forum:

When asking for help, make sure that you:
- indicate the file format(s) involved
- specify each software package that is relevant to your posting, identifying the version with the *full* version number
- describe the step(s) or process(es) which have triggered the problem.
This will help others to help you.

Best regards,
Ralf

Natalia K
Natalia K
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:41
English to Russian
Tools-> Templates and add-ins-> TradosXX.dot Nov 20, 2007

Hi Gry,

is Tools-> Templates and add-ins-> TradosXX.dot selected?

g-wester
g-wester  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:41
English to Norwegian
TOPIC STARTER
Toolbar not appearing at all, needed to download program and install again Nov 20, 2007

Hi Natalia,

the Trados tools was not even an option in the toolbar - Word behaved as if Trados was not installed on my computer.

After many hours of frustration I finally managed to solve this problem, so I will describe the solution here in case anyone else has a similar problem.

I had tried to reinstall my version of Trados after installing Word, but to no avail. However, I was eventually advised to download Trados again, which I did, and then installed t
... See more
Hi Natalia,

the Trados tools was not even an option in the toolbar - Word behaved as if Trados was not installed on my computer.

After many hours of frustration I finally managed to solve this problem, so I will describe the solution here in case anyone else has a similar problem.

I had tried to reinstall my version of Trados after installing Word, but to no avail. However, I was eventually advised to download Trados again, which I did, and then installed this new version of Trados after having uninstalled my previous version. After this lengthy procedure Trados finally worked again! As far as I can tell Trados needs to be installed 'on top of' Word in order for the Trados toolbar to appear in Word.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installed Word 2003: Trados 2007 gone missing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »