Echo (Sin Jin) Lim
Echo (Sin Jin) Lim
United States
Member (2004)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nov 23, 2007

Hi all,

I just wanted to know, if i have translated the same phrase previously, and then later on when it appears as 100 match in my translation, and i found that some term was wrongly translated, so i modified in the later phrase, will the earlier translated phrase (with mistake) changed by trao automatically?

Regards,

Echo

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 04:37
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
The answer is yes and no,,, Nov 24, 2007

The segment is changed in TM - that's for yes. But it is no, unless / until you freshen up the previous (incorrect) translations in the document you are working on. The best way to do it is by using the Tools>Translate in TWB. It allows you to translate your document(s) in batch using the current/latest version of TM.

Regards

Vito

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:37
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use search and replace Nov 24, 2007

This works also in TE, if you remove target segment protection.

Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:37
Member (2004)
Multiple Translations checked? Nov 24, 2007

The issue might be further complicated if it's a TM that allows multiple translations (you can check this in Files/Properties) - if so, the 'false' segment probably won't be removed from the TM and the previous sentence won't be automatically changed. If you begin again from the top and translate to fuzzy, Trados will no doubt stop at the sentence in question though and alert you to the fact that there are multiple translations for that segement. If you want to be sure that a false segment is re... See more
The issue might be further complicated if it's a TM that allows multiple translations (you can check this in Files/Properties) - if so, the 'false' segment probably won't be removed from the TM and the previous sentence won't be automatically changed. If you begin again from the top and translate to fuzzy, Trados will no doubt stop at the sentence in question though and alert you to the fact that there are multiple translations for that segement. If you want to be sure that a false segment is removed from a TM allowing multiple translations, it's best to manually delete it.

HTH,

Kate
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updates in TM before clean up

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »