https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/90253-how_to_import_%2Atxt_file_in_multiterm_55.html

How to import *.txt file in Multiterm 5.5 ?
Thread poster: Cecile Delacour
Cecile Delacour
Cecile Delacour  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:00
Dutch to French
+ ...
Nov 25, 2007

Good evening,
I have started using Trados again after a few (happy) years of non-use, so I am a bit lost. Sorry if I ask a stupid question, but I have a translation that should be ready tomorrow around 3pm Dutch time and Im a bit in panic.
I am using Trados 7 SDL (the latest version I just bought and download) and an older version of Multiterm (5.5). Now I got from the agency I work for a text file (*.txt) that seems to be an uncleaned translated file with words I could use in the ne
... See more
Good evening,
I have started using Trados again after a few (happy) years of non-use, so I am a bit lost. Sorry if I ask a stupid question, but I have a translation that should be ready tomorrow around 3pm Dutch time and Im a bit in panic.
I am using Trados 7 SDL (the latest version I just bought and download) and an older version of Multiterm (5.5). Now I got from the agency I work for a text file (*.txt) that seems to be an uncleaned translated file with words I could use in the new translation. It looks like that:

Algemeen
Généralités

20082007, 14:51:26
KOOPMAN
Voorkom contaminatie, zoals microbacteriën:
Prévenez toute contamination, par exemple par les bactéries\~:

How can I import this in order to create a memory?
Thanks
Cecile
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Workbench: File - Import Nov 25, 2007

Hi Cecile,
You shouldn't use TM code in the forums, as the pointed brackets are misinterpreted.

I am using Trados 7 SDL (the latest version I just bought and download) and an older version of Multiterm (5.5). Now I got from the agency I work for a text file (*.txt) that seems to be an uncleaned translated file with words I could use in the new translation.

You received an export file, which you can import into a new (or an existing) TM, but not in MultiTerm.

Regards,
Ralf

Cecile Delacour
Cecile Delacour  Identity Verified
Dutch to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 25, 2007

Thank you Ralf!
Sorry about the misuse of special characters, I didnt know it could be a problem on the forum. My problem is solved in any case,
Cecile

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import *.txt file in Multiterm 5.5 ?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »