Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:24
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 30, 2007

I recently did some translations for an agency, and now they've sent me the final revised versions for future reference. I've aligned them with the source text and am now trying to import the result into my TM.

The TM is set up to allow multiple translations for the same source text. But when I import, it skips anything with matching source texts and I'm left with only my original draft segments. It does this regardless of whether I configure the import to merge such segments, keep
... See more
I recently did some translations for an agency, and now they've sent me the final revised versions for future reference. I've aligned them with the source text and am now trying to import the result into my TM.

The TM is set up to allow multiple translations for the same source text. But when I import, it skips anything with matching source texts and I'm left with only my original draft segments. It does this regardless of whether I configure the import to merge such segments, keep the older, or keep the most recent: it just keeps the old draft version.

I'm running the latest version of Trados (as I upgraded earlier this week).

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2007-11-30 12:24]
Collapse

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 02:24
English to Dutch
+ ...
ALIGN! should be replaced, or 'depenalised' Nov 30, 2007

Steven Capsuto wrote:

Any thoughts?

This, maybe: In WinAlign/Export/User fields: change the CreationUser "ALIGN!" to anything but align! --your own user name should do nicely. Reversely, in TWB, you could set the alignment penalty to 0%

Even in a Multiple Translations TM, TUs created by an alignment (and marked as such) are no competition for existing TUs

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:24
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 30, 2007

saitch wrote:

Reversely, in TWB, you could set the alignment penalty to 0%

That did the trick! Gosh, you'd think it would be set to zero by default.

Thanks for your sage advice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import of aligned segments skips ones with existing source text

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »