Thread poster: elzosim
elzosim
elzosim  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:47
English to Greek
+ ...
Dec 2, 2007

Hello,

I would like to ask whether there are any compatibility issues between different versions of SDLX.
I have an old SDLX 2004 version installed on my computer and my client uses a newer version of SDLX.
If I work on the file using my old SDLX version, will I create any problems to the file which will be opened with a newer version?

Thank you very much in advance for your input!

Eleftheria

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:47
English to Polish
+ ...
There shouldn't be a problem, but... Dec 2, 2007

elzosim wrote:

Hello,

I would like to ask whether there are any compatibility issues between different versions of SDLX.
I have an old SDLX 2004 version installed on my computer and my client uses a newer version of SDLX.
If I work on the file using my old SDLX version, will I create any problems to the file which will be opened with a newer version?

Eleftheria

...your client, when they create an SDL Edit document for you, they should use the "Save As Old" command to ensure compatibility with older versions.

HTH

Piotr

[Edited at 2007-12-02 16:17]

elzosim
elzosim  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:47
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 4, 2007

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

elzosim wrote:

Hello,

Eleftheria

...your client, when they create an SDL Edit document for you, they should use the "Save As Old" command to ensure compatibility with older versions.

HTH

Piotr

[Edited at 2007-12-02 16:17]

Thank you very much indeed!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility between different version of SDLX

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »