Tag Editor problem with RTF files
Thread poster: Golden shuttle
Golden shuttle
Golden shuttle
Local time: 22:59
English to Chinese
Dec 5, 2007

I want to know why I can't open rtf with tag editor. I have opened the TM and can translate in the rtf file. but i want to have the ttx file. How can I solve the problem?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-12-05 06:41]

Annelise Meyer
Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:59
English to French
+ ...
to set in the TM options Dec 5, 2007

Hello,

In order to be able to open a rtf document in TagEditor, you have to set a spectific option in Translator's Workbench: to do this, choose Options>Translation Memory options, select the Tools tab and check the TRADOStag XML Workflow for workbench rtf files box.

Best,

Annelise

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Workaround Dec 5, 2007

Golden shuttle wrote:

I want to know why I can't open rtf with tag editor. I have opened the TM and can translate in the rtf file. but i want to have the ttx file. How can I solve the problem?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-12-05 06:41]

Hi GS,

Another workaround is to resave the file to .DOC in Word before you try to open it.
Besides: what version of Trados are you running, and exactly what error message do you get when you try to open the RTF?

/Jan

Golden shuttle
Golden shuttle
Local time: 22:59
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
tag editor problem with rtf files Dec 5, 2007

hello all,
I have done what you have suggested, but it also doesn't work. when I change the rtf intlo doc. the error message is "can't read". but i can translate doc with workbetch.

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Resave not rename Dec 5, 2007

Hello,

did you resave the file ?

Which word version do you use.

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor problem with RTF files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »