https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/91456-multiterm_and_word%3A_error_when_selecting_termbase.html

Multiterm and Word: error when selecting termbase
Thread poster: Ekaterina Andreeva
Ekaterina Andreeva
Ekaterina Andreeva
Bulgaria
Local time: 00:21
Spanish to Bulgarian
+ ...
Dec 9, 2007

Hi,

I just installed Multiterm and can't select a termbase. I'm getting the following message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Winword.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information!

Could anyone give me a tip what to do repair that error?!..
... See more
Hi,

I just installed Multiterm and can't select a termbase. I'm getting the following message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error!

Please contact the application's support team for more information!

Could anyone give me a tip what to do repair that error?!...

Thanks,
Ekaterina
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:21
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Register Multiterm in your system Dec 9, 2007

Close all running programs.

Go to MT program folder and let the #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat run. Typical path would be C:\Programme\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat

Now go to C:\Documents and settings\Your User Name\Application data\Trados\MultiTerm\ and delete MultiTerm7dot.xml.

Now restart Word - you should be able to use MT toolbar now.

Please note: if you have other templates in your Word active, especially Acrobat
... See more

Go to MT program folder and let the #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat run. Typical path would be C:\Programme\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007\#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat

Now go to C:\Documents and settings\Your User Name\Application data\Trados\MultiTerm\ and delete MultiTerm7dot.xml.

Please note: if you have other templates in your Word active, especially Acrobat templates, the MT toolbar may or will NOT work.

Jerzy
Collapse

Ekaterina Andreeva
Ekaterina Andreeva
Bulgaria
Spanish to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem still remains :( .... Dec 9, 2007

Thanks Jerzy,

I did everything you advised me, but the problem still remains.

Indeed I had an active Acrobat template - I desactivated it and deleted from the corresponding folder.

The thing is that everytime when I try to select termbase in Word, the file MultiTerm7dot.xml that I'd deleted from the folder C:\Documents and settings\Your User Name\Application data\Trados\MultiTerm\ , as you told me to do, appears by itself in the same folder and I am getting
... See more
Thanks Jerzy,

I did everything you advised me, but the problem still remains.

Indeed I had an active Acrobat template - I desactivated it and deleted from the corresponding folder.

The thing is that everytime when I try to select termbase in Word, the file MultiTerm7dot.xml that I'd deleted from the folder C:\Documents and settings\Your User Name\Application data\Trados\MultiTerm\ , as you told me to do, appears by itself in the same folder and I am getting the same message in Word:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error!

Please contact the application's support team for more information!"

Have you an idea what's this time!

Thanks for your help!
Ekaterina
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You have to deinstall the Acrobat add Dec 9, 2007

Deactivating it does not help.
You must go to Controll Panel, chose Software, chose Acrobat, chose Modify and then deselect the PDF creator for Office, especially for Word. Otherwise MT Tooblar will not work. It is not compatible with Adobe adds, sorry.

Jerzy

Ekaterina Andreeva
Ekaterina Andreeva
Bulgaria
Spanish to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still doesn't work ... Dec 9, 2007

Thanks again Jerzy,

I removed completely from my PC Abby Fine reader, but the problem still remains...

I guess I have other Acrobat adds which are not compatible with MT, but don't know how to identify them.

Would you help me again please? Probably I should uninstall MT and reinstall it again?....

Ekaterina

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Abby FineReader is not that big issue Dec 9, 2007

What I mean are real Adobe Acrobat add-ons. If you don't have them, so there must be another reason.

What you should do (at least this is what I was advised to do in similar situation):
- Deinstall Multiterm
- Deinstall all Java Runtimes from your PC
- Deinstall .NET Framework
- In Start menu localise the "Execute" box, type regedit there and press Enter.
- Now you are editing the Windows registry. Be extremly carefull here
- Localise the k
... See more
What I mean are real Adobe Acrobat add-ons. If you don't have them, so there must be another reason.

What you should do (at least this is what I was advised to do in similar situation):
- Deinstall Multiterm
- Deinstall all Java Runtimes from your PC
- Deinstall .NET Framework
- In Start menu localise the "Execute" box, type regedit there and press Enter.
- Now you are editing the Windows registry. Be extremly carefull here
- Localise the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER and open it by clicking the plus sign beside
- In Software localise the Trados key and open it with the plus sign. Right click the Multiterm entry, chose Rename and enter "_Multiterm" as name (ie an underliner in front of the previous name).
- Now repeat the same procedure for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Restart your PC
- Reinstall Multiterm

If this does not help, so I must admit I do not know the solution. Ask SDL Trados support here: support.sdl.com

Jerzy
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
where would I be w/o forums... Apr 11, 2008

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Please note: if you have other templates in your Word active, especially Acrobat templates, the MT toolbar may or will NOT work.

Jerzy

Digged this thread up because I had the same problem and the above solution worked. I am eternally grateful to you, Jerzy!

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Maybe Word Security Settings...? May 23, 2008

Hi Ekaterina,
your problem might as well be related to security of macros in MS Word. In Word go to Tools > Options > Security tab > click Macros security in the bottom-right corner and select on the Security tab click the "middle" or "low" radio button. Confirm everything with OK.

Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Me too ... eternally grateful to you, Jerzy! Aug 19, 2008

FarkasAndras wrote:

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Jerzy

Digged this thread up because I had the same problem and the above solution worked. I am eternally grateful to you, Jerzy!

Just encountered the same problem, did as you told and - lo and behold! - it works!
Thanks ever so much!
LB

multiterm 7 error Aug 14, 2009

Hi!

I have installed Multiterm 7 and Trados 7 Freelance (the demo version). However, I can't create a new termbase in Multiterm. Everytime I try it says Error unknown. Can anyone please help me? I have tried almost everything... I've installed at least 5 different versions of Trados but Multiterm never works.

Thank you for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm and Word: error when selecting termbase

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »