'Search and find' option for global purpose?
Thread poster: Rafał Kwiatkowski

Rafał Kwiatkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:37
German to Polish
+ ...
Dec 9, 2007

Hi All,

i have WIP on about 150 ttx files and i've made some mistake and i would like to know if there's a way to search and replace some phrase globaly as in the SDLX? The project contains very expanded file structure and it would take a lot of time to navigate over these 150 files (and the deadline is tight). I'd be very grateful for Your help.

Thanks in advance,
Rafal

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
UltraEdit Dec 9, 2007

http://www.ultraedit.com

It can search and replace in multiple files (also using RegEx) and I like it best among all those Notepad-extending applications, even though it is not for free.

HTH
Antonin

Rafał Kwiatkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Antonin, Dec 9, 2007

for such changes i'm using TextPad - i think it's - hmmm - sufficient.
Starting the topic i thought that some built-in function or even external plugin for Trados making the global search and replace function available exists but i simply can't find iticon_smile.gif
It's a plus for SDLX (CTRL+R), i think that the Trados owners should consider about developing such feature in their new SDL Trados versions or/and update packages.

Thanks one more time,
Rafal

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
No probs Dec 9, 2007

Trados is short of so many features I would find useful and/or natural that one more or less does not really count - or does it?icon_smile.gif

Transit can make it easily within its own environment, by the way... but people who paid for Trados usually find it outrageous they should pay about the same, or even twice as much, for reasonable Transit versions.

Take care,
Antonin

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Alternatives Dec 10, 2007

agaetis wrote:

for such changes i'm using TextPad - i think it's - hmmm - sufficient.
Starting the topic i thought that some built-in function or even external plugin for Trados making the global search and replace function available exists but i simply can't find iticon_smile.gif
It's a plus for SDLX (CTRL+R), i think that the Trados owners should consider about developing such feature in their new SDL Trados versions or/and update packages.

Thanks one more time,
Rafal

TextPad used to be state of the art, but it's a shame it hasn't been updated in ages. It doesn't support Unicode, for one.
These days, there are better alternatives.
We had a good discussion about this, some months ago:
http://www.proz.com/post/583236#583236

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Search and find' option for global purpose?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search