MultiTerm - New entry could not be edited
Thread poster: Carol Chen

Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 06:53
English to Chinese
Dec 10, 2007

Hello, everybody. I have created a new termbase from scratch. Then I press F3 to add entries. However, then the "entry edit" button is in grey and I could do nothing to these entries. Could anybody give any suggestions and help? Thanks in advance!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-12-10 07:26]

Thanks a lot for pointing out and editting!

[Edited at 2007-12-10 08:02]

Direct link Reply with quote

Hidetoshi kudo
Australia
Local time: 08:53
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Have you checked the SDL support Dec 10, 2007

Dear Carol,

I had a similar problem, when I changed my system from XP to Vista.
I do not know anything about your PC environment. But please check then the following link.

http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=b8ElRRSi&p_lva=557&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=1.22&p_prods=22&p_cats=0&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=22&cat_lvl1=0&p_scf_Language=&p_search_text=unable%20to%20edit&p_new_search=1

Hope it helps!

China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
It works Dec 11, 2007

Dear Hidetoshi Kudo,

Many thanks for your help! It works! The answer lies here.
http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2089&p_created=1168551734&p_sid=bioxzUSi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=557&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjcmcF9wcm9kcz0yMiZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PTEuMjImcF9jdj0mcF9zY2ZfTGFuZ3VhZ2U9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9dW5hYmxlIHRvIGVkaXQ*&p_li=&p_topview=1
I clicked the left box and then the entry could be editted.
Then everything seems to work normally.

Furtherly, in MultiTerm, shall I add entry one by one manually? Is there any other quicker method? E.g., could I select bilingual terms in Word and add them into MultiTerm by a shortcut?

Thanks in advance!

Hidetoshi kudo
Australia
Local time: 08:53
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
MulitTerm tool bar on MSword Dec 11, 2007

Dear Carol,
There should be MultiTerm tool bar on MSword, where you can select a termbase to quickly add new terms.
I usually highlight (activate) a new term in a word document you are processing, and then click "add new term". You will see a simple dialog with two boxs. One is already filled with the term you highlighted. You can simply type a tranlated term in the other.

Or you can import term pairs from EXEL file in a batch.
Use MultiTerm Convert which should be packaged in the Program folder together with MutiTerm. The procedure is very simple.

Best regards,

Hidetoshi Kudo

China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
No MulitTerm tool bar on MSword Dec 11, 2007

Dear Hidetoshi Kudo,

Thanks for your help! I'm a new user of Trados. I could not see MulitTerm tool bar on my MSword. I could only see Trados toolbar. Could you kindly offer further help? Thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm - New entry could not be edited

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search