https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/91544-acting_upon_tageditor_verification_messages.html

acting upon TagEditor verification messages
Thread poster: Victoria Porter-Burns
Victoria Porter-Burns
Victoria Porter-Burns  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:08
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Dec 10, 2007

Hi all,
I have a problem when it comes to verifying (using SDL Trados Generic Tag Verifier) a word document I have translated using TagEditor.
When I click the 'verify' icon, a message box appears at the bottom of the screen. There are 2 things I want to do but can't work out if /how I can do them.

1. A message tells me that tag 'font...size...and colour...' has been deleted, i.e. the font of the target sentence is different from that of the source segment. How can I cha
... See more
Hi all,
I have a problem when it comes to verifying (using SDL Trados Generic Tag Verifier) a word document I have translated using TagEditor.
When I click the 'verify' icon, a message box appears at the bottom of the screen. There are 2 things I want to do but can't work out if /how I can do them.

1. A message tells me that tag 'font...size...and colour...' has been deleted, i.e. the font of the target sentence is different from that of the source segment. How can I change the font used in my translation?

2. How can I delete/ignore any messages regarding 'errors' that I made intentionally, such as putting and untranslated French words into italics, followed by an explanation in English?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,
Victoria
Collapse

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:08
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
copy formatting in target segment Dec 11, 2007

Hi Victoria,

As for problem 1: I would say you'd go to the segment where the formatting has been changed (should be indicated in the error message). Open the segment and copy the formatting tags into your target segment (make sure target and source both have the same formatting tags). ANd in the future you should be able to prevent this by activating the tag protection (Tools > Options > Protection tab).

As for 2: can you clean up the file: If so, I guess you can simple
... See more
Hi Victoria,

As for problem 1: I would say you'd go to the segment where the formatting has been changed (should be indicated in the error message). Open the segment and copy the formatting tags into your target segment (make sure target and source both have the same formatting tags). ANd in the future you should be able to prevent this by activating the tag protection (Tools > Options > Protection tab).

As for 2: can you clean up the file: If so, I guess you can simple ignore the messages and leave them for what they are.

Good luck,
Renée
Collapse

Victoria Porter-Burns
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
replacing missing tags Dec 11, 2007

Hi Renée,

Thank you ever so much for your help with my problem. At least I know what I should do now, but I can't work out HOW to copy the formatting tags into the target segment (maybe it's obvious and glaring me in the face but I'm missing it!).
I've tried copy/paste and many of the toolbar options are 'blanked out'/grey.

Is there any chance you might be able to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks again,

Victoria

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
copying tags Dec 11, 2007

Hi Victoria,
You could do a Copy source (Alt + insert) en retype your translation between the tags, or you could use Left Ctrl + Alt + left/right arrow to select and copy the tags. I hope this solves your problem.
Renée

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Double click the error message Dec 11, 2007

it will bring you to the segment where the error occurs.
Now place the cursor before the segment and open the segment.
Use the blue underlined arrow buttons in Tageditor (for placeables) to place the Tags accordingly in your segment. If you need to delete a Tag, click the lock on the tool bar, this will temporarilly switch Tag protection off.

That's basically all
Jerzy

Victoria Porter-Burns
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Renée and Jerzy Dec 11, 2007

Thank you both so much for your help - it is much appreciated!

Victoria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

acting upon TagEditor verification messages

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »