Trados 6.5 - diacritics problem with Czech
Thread poster: Lubomir Moudry

Lubomir Moudry  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:02
English to Czech
+ ...
Dec 17, 2007

When I translate in Trados (6.5) and set the Czech language as the target language, there is a problem with the diacritics (acute accent, ring, caron): when I type a Czech translation into the target segment, the diacritics are proper. When I confirm (Set/Close Next Open/Get or Alt+Num+), the diacritics change producing characters that are not used in Czech, such as Pøedchùdce . The same is with ttx files.
How can I eliminate the problem? I followed the relevant "Help" items, even checked the box saying "I will use the target font selected as default". I believe this may also be a problem for others than the Czech ones. Surely there will some input around the forum, so do not beat me on my back if I missed it...

Thanks to all of you.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-12-18 00:55]

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
set font Dec 18, 2007

Dear Lubomir Moudry,

I think, your problem is related with fonts. Please set the fonts in Translator's Workbench.

Nice Day!

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Characters in Eastern European languages are not displayed correctly Dec 18, 2007

Try the following solution from the SDL Support pages:
http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=872

Lubomir Moudry  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! Apr 1, 2010

Sorry for the delay and thanks everyone! It was resolved by upgrading.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 - diacritics problem with Czech

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search