Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 07:57
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Dec 28, 2007

Hi,

I have just upgraded vom Trados 6.5 to SDL Trados. No problems with the installation. Only thing is that I now have two TW4 Win Bars showing in Word and Trados 6.5 is still there as before. Should I deinstall it with the standard deinstall function under windows?

Kristina

Direct link Reply with quote

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:57
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
No, you don't have to Dec 28, 2007

You could leave both versions, for instance if you're working for different clients who use different versions of Trados. But make sure you register the version you'll be working with (through the Start menu) before you start working with this version. In that case you could hide one of the Trados toolbars.

But if you are sure you'll only be using the latest version, you could deinstall 6.5

[Edited at 2007-12-28 20:33]

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:57
English to Polish
Too many .dot files Dec 28, 2007

Kristina Wolf wrote:

Only thing is that I now have two TW4 Win Bars showing in Word and Trados 6.5 is still there as before.

Locate startup folder for your Word installation and remove the old Trados .dot file. New Trados installation copied new template file there without removing the old one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deinstall Trados 6.5 after updating?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search