Thread poster: VCampilongo
VCampilongo
VCampilongo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 30, 2007

Hi everybody!

I am translating a text with tag editor and I have a problem. When trying to save a string, it says that one or more tag is missing in the segment...But I cannot find what is missing and,moreover, I didn't delete or changed anything from the text...
Do you think the text is corrupted?What can I do?

Thanks for any advice you can give me

[Subject edite
... See more
Hi everybody!

I am translating a text with tag editor and I have a problem. When trying to save a string, it says that one or more tag is missing in the segment...But I cannot find what is missing and,moreover, I didn't delete or changed anything from the text...
Do you think the text is corrupted?What can I do?

Thanks for any advice you can give me

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-12-30 10:00]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:42
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
copy source and edit Dec 30, 2007

In order to get all the tags you better copy the source first and edit the text between the tags. Or you fetch every tag seperately using alt+ctrl+down or arrow right for next tag. Superficial tags you can place at the end of the segment.

When asking for help, please be more specific, in this case "Missing tags in TE" would be an appropriate heading for your posting.
You can also search the fora using "missing tags".
Cheers
Heinrich

VCampilongo
VCampilongo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 30, 2007

Thanks Heinrich! Thanks for the advice! I realized I have tag protection turned on and so I could not copy paste tags!
Thank you:)

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:42
English to German
+ ...
Know your tags Dec 30, 2007

Hi Mikolina,
When working with tagged formats, it's essential to know the meaning of tags - depending on their function, they may need to be placed at a different position in the target segment (or might not be needed at all).

Best regards,
Ralf

noninino
noninino
English to Croatian
the meaning of tags Dec 15, 2011

I know that there have to be a file listing and explaining all or nearly all Trados tags. Can somebody give me a hint?

thanks

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
File Format Reference Guide Dec 15, 2011

look in the SDL International program group - there is a subgroup Documentation

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
TE/Workbench corrupts the format of tags Dec 15, 2011

This is a pretty frequent phenomenon when you are working on less usual formats, like XML where tags are not standard. What happens is that either Tag Editor or Workbench changes the format of tags displayed in Tag Editor, for example by making them pointed at one end when they were rectangular before, or by joining adjacent tags into one. This should not affect the final XML file, but Tag Editor detects a difference and displays a warning. Sadly, there seems to be no way around this: all you ca... See more
This is a pretty frequent phenomenon when you are working on less usual formats, like XML where tags are not standard. What happens is that either Tag Editor or Workbench changes the format of tags displayed in Tag Editor, for example by making them pointed at one end when they were rectangular before, or by joining adjacent tags into one. This should not affect the final XML file, but Tag Editor detects a difference and displays a warning. Sadly, there seems to be no way around this: all you can do i copy and paste tags from the source. Interestingly, inserting tags with keyboard shortcuts doesn't help. You can also switch tag verification off and be extra careful, but it's obviously dangerous.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor - missing tags message

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »