Can we convert the TM of latest version to an older version?
Thread poster: Sumana U

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
Jan 2, 2008

Hi,

Need expert opinion!

Assume that I am having the Trados 8th Version and you have the 6.5 Version. Now, you want to open the TM sent by me without performing the import and export method. Is there any function like Save As... in Translator's Workbench?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not as far as I know Jan 2, 2008

I work with Trados freelance 7.0, so things might have changed in the latest versions, but as far as I know the only way to do what you want is:

In Trados Workbench, open your TM, go to "File" > "Export" > apply the filters (if any) > click "OK" > select type "Translator's Workbench (2.x-6.x)(*.txt)" > select location to save the exported file > click "Save". Then open this .txt file with the older version of Trados ("File" > "Import").

I hope this helps.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search