Can we convert the TM of latest version to an older version?
Thread poster: Sumana U

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
Jan 2, 2008

Hi,

Need expert opinion!

Assume that I am having the Trados 8th Version and you have the 6.5 Version. Now, you want to open the TM sent by me without performing the import and export method. Is there any function like Save As... in Translator's Workbench?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not as far as I know Jan 2, 2008

I work with Trados freelance 7.0, so things might have changed in the latest versions, but as far as I know the only way to do what you want is:

In Trados Workbench, open your TM, go to "File" > "Export" > apply the filters (if any) > click "OK" > select type "Translator's Workbench (2.x-6.x)(*.txt)" > select location to save the exported file > click "Save". Then open this .txt file with the older version of Trados ("File" > "Import").

I hope this helps.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search