Thread poster: kterelak
kterelak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:13
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 3, 2008

Hi, everybody!

I bought SDL Trados 2007 SP1 which works perfectly on my computer (Windows XP) except for Synergy which crashes everytime I try to open it. It opened only once or twice during the first installation and that's it. I tried to reinstall the package a few times with viruses scanners and firewalls switched off and it did not help. I also found this fix http://www.proz.com/topic/70176 which was invented for TagEditor but I do not know if it helps with Synergy and as I found in other topics, it may be a bit risky.

Have you found any solution to that problem?

Thanks in advance for any help

Katarzyna

Direct link Reply with quote

Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 15:13
Member (2006)
English to Greek
+ ...
All I can offer, at present... Jan 3, 2008

...is commiseration! I have had the exact same problem, but I have not gone into it in any detail, because I currently have a big workload.

I too would be interested in an answer.

Happy New Year!

Lina

Maciek Drobka  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Not sure this will help... Jan 3, 2008

On my PC, Synergy threw a .NET Framework related error during install. Then the whole Trados 2007 SP1 began to play up after the installation.

What I did was I uninstalled the whole Trados, then uninstalled ALL .NET Framework versions, down to the bare bone. Then I ran Windows Update, which detected what was missing from my PC and installed all necessary .NET versions. Then, I reinstalled Trados 2007 SP1, and it's currently working a treat!

But I am not sure my solution will solve your problem.

Good luck anyway,
Maciek

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please check your Java and .NET Framework versions Jan 3, 2008

also check, if you have MSXML (if, which version) installed.

Before you try to do any repairs in registry, try to register the program via "START - ALL PROGRAMS - SDL INTERNATIONAL - SDL TRADOS - TRADOS - REGISTER SDL TRADOS 2007".

Do you get any error messages when Synergy crahes?
Try again with Windows interface switched to classic view mode.

Best regards
Jerzy

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Check your specs Jan 4, 2008

Katarzyna Terelak wrote:

Hi, everybody!

I bought SDL Trados 2007 SP1 which works perfectly on my computer (Windows XP) except for Synergy which crashes everytime I try to open it. It opened only once or twice during the first installation and that's it.

Hi Katarzyna,

I tried Synergy, but I found it sluggish under P4 2.3 GHz with 1GB RAM.
SDL told me it was a performance issue, and suggested a hardware upgrade. I installed 2 GB RAM, still didn't like the performance and gave up on the whole thing...

If your specs are anything less than that, I bet your issues are harware related!

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Synergy in SDL Trados 2007 SP1 crashes

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search