Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:19
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Jan 4, 2008

I have:
Trados TagEditor 8.0.0.826, build 826
Office 2007

I am trying to activate the spell checker option.
On the menu, under the Tools tab, Plug-ins option, Spelling checker, I have only this option: ”Winter tree Spelling checker”. I dont't have the Word spelling checker option anymore.
I am trying to work as usual, opening Word and letting it work in background with target language romanian, but still can't activate TagEditor's spell checker with Wor
... See more
I have:
Trados TagEditor 8.0.0.826, build 826
Office 2007

I am trying to activate the spell checker option.
On the menu, under the Tools tab, Plug-ins option, Spelling checker, I have only this option: ”Winter tree Spelling checker”. I dont't have the Word spelling checker option anymore.
I am trying to work as usual, opening Word and letting it work in background with target language romanian, but still can't activate TagEditor's spell checker with Word, simply because there isn't such option.
I get an error message: ”The spell checker does not support the current target language” and I suppose it is because ”Winter tree Spelling checker” does not support romanian.

P.S. I suspect it is a build issue, since before build 826, it worked perfectly, Word spelling checker option was available.
I hope I made myself clear.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Monica
Collapse

Monica Tuduce
Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Jan 5, 2008

by reinstalling the build.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
post factum note Jan 5, 2008

Monica Tuduce wrote: {Problem solved } by reinstalling the build.

That was eventually my idea as well, but I hesitated to offer it, because

i) one could expect it's been done already and
ii) doing it again would be a lame suggestion

Glad it worked anyhow;)

smo

[Edited at 2008-01-05 21:29]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell checker not working in TagEditor, build 826

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »