komachi
komachi  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 09:02
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jan 9, 2008

Hi!
I translated .xml file using TagEditor, and I cannot open the file that I saved target as Japanese.
When I open the target .xml file, it shows the message as follows.

Cannot open XML page. XML input using XSL style sheet cannot be displayed. Please correct the error...."
"Invalid character was found in the contents of the text..... "

XML ページを表示できません
XSL スタイル シートを使用した XML 入力は表示で
... See more
Hi!
I translated .xml file using TagEditor, and I cannot open the file that I saved target as Japanese.
When I open the target .xml file, it shows the message as follows.

Cannot open XML page. XML input using XSL style sheet cannot be displayed. Please correct the error...."
"Invalid character was found in the contents of the text..... "

XML ページを表示できません
XSL スタイル シートを使用した XML 入力は表示できません。エラーを訂正してください。 [更新] ボタンをクリックするか、または後でやり直してください。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

テキストの内容に無効な文字が見つかりました。リソース 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/dhguser/デスクトップ/JP Competencies & KeyActions for Translation....

How can I open the xml file with target?
If anyone know what to do or what is the problem, please reply!

Komachi

[Edited at 2008-01-09 04:41]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-01-09 07:35]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:02
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Try partial translation Jan 9, 2008

So you have translated a file and cannot save as target?
You could find out, where the problem is, using partial translation.

Open the original file, make a change somewhere (change a source word) and translate automatically (translate to fuzzy) using your TM. The process will stop at the point, where you have changed it. Try to save to target now. If it works, the problem is further down in the file. If the error message comes up, you know, that the problem is higher up.
... See more
So you have translated a file and cannot save as target?
You could find out, where the problem is, using partial translation.

Open the original file, make a change somewhere (change a source word) and translate automatically (translate to fuzzy) using your TM. The process will stop at the point, where you have changed it. Try to save to target now. If it works, the problem is further down in the file. If the error message comes up, you know, that the problem is higher up.

Sometimes there is no mistake, only that TE cannot handle the file (file size too big). This happend to me once.

Hope you can resolve the problem.

Cheers
Heinrich
Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Can you open the source? Jan 9, 2008

Can you open the original XML file? Try it and see if you get the same error.

If you get the same error when you open the source file, then it is probably correct that you get this error when you open the target file.

Daniel

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:02
English to German
Exactly Jan 9, 2008

dgmaga wrote:

Can you open the original XML file? Try it and see if you get the same error.

If you get the same error when you open the source file, then it is probably correct that you get this error when you open the target file.

Daniel

I second that. Please note that XML files are not really designed to be displayed by themselves, but are most often used as data containers that need a certain environment (parent pages) to be viewed in the actual output format.

If you *can* display the source file correctly, then there might be an additional
file in the source folder that is not present in your target folder. Try placing the target xml file in the same folder like the original xml and see if it can be displayed then.

Regards,
Stefan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save target from Tag Editor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »