Thread poster: MexicoTranslate

MexicoTranslate
Mexico
Local time: 13:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 14, 2008

Hi everybody.
I'm having a hell of a problem with my Tageditor, when I try to open an Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Indesign or Quark file, Tageditor crashes and its unable to open the file, I try to solve the problem re-installing Trados but the problem persists. I'd like to know if anyone has suffered this same problem and give hand, I'm trying to solve it before reformat my whole Hard Drive since I cannot find any solution.

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:45
English to German
+ ...
What version(s)? Jan 14, 2008

Hi wadgymar,
Help us to help you:

When asking for help, make sure that you:
- indicate the file format(s) involved
- specify each software package that is relevant to your posting, identifying the version with the *full* version number
- describe the step(s) or process(es) which have triggered the problem.

This may be a version issue, but without knowing anything, it's pure guesswork.

Best regards,
Ralf

MexicoTranslate
Mexico
Local time: 13:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More Info Jan 14, 2008

I'm using Trados FL 2006.
These are the steps:
Open Translator Workbench
Open TagEditor
Open an xls, doc, ttx, ppt or any file imported from QuarkXpress or Indesign
When trying to open an excel file the error posts: (80005 Unexpected error when opening file: ?????? using a plug-in filter)
When opening an imported Quark file, tageditor crashes and posts the message: La instrucción en "0x5ad71531 hace referencia a la memoria "0x00000014. La memoria no se puede read"

The funny thing is that a month ago I could open these files with no problem.

Echo (Sin Jin) Lim
United States
Member (2004)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi.. i have encountered the same problem not long ago Jan 14, 2008

what i did was to reinstall my Trado instead of reformat my hard drive, it worked so far.. please also check your anti-virus, trado seems to have alot of disagreement with Kaspersky.

I hope this will help.

regards,

Echo

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:45
English to Swedish
+ ...
Reinstall Windows Jan 15, 2008

wadgymar wrote:

I'm using Trados FL 2006.
These are the steps:
Open Translator Workbench
Open TagEditor
Open an xls, doc, ttx, ppt or any file imported from QuarkXpress or Indesign
When trying to open an excel file the error posts: (80005 Unexpected error when opening file: ?????? using a plug-in filter)
When opening an imported Quark file, tageditor crashes and posts the message: La instrucción en "0x5ad71531 hace referencia a la memoria "0x00000014. La memoria no se puede read"

The funny thing is that a month ago I could open these files with no problem.

The fact that you could open the same files earlier indicates that either your OS or hardware has deteriorated.
Since you've already reinstalled Trados, that solution has already been tried.

I'd say:
0. File a bug report at SDL Support, and upload a sample file with your error message. I'm amazed how few users actually do this. You've paid for the software, now it's their turn to help you!
1. Uninstall any other software that might be conflicting.
2. Do a "spring cleaning", ie defrag + clean Windows registry + full antivirus scan + Spybot S&D immunisation, etc (regular maintenance tasks).
3. Check the working termperature of your machine with shareware like SpeedFan. You live in a warm country, this puts a lot of stress on the CPU, which is often overlooked.
4. Check the inregrity of your hardware, there are tools that can scan your memory and HDD for faults. Replace/upgrade if necessary.
5. Reinstall windows if necessary.

Post back your results here,

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Assistance on TagEditor error

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search