Which Port numbers are need to access TM licence server?
Thread poster: Johanne
Johanne
Local time: 18:09
English to German
+ ...
Jan 16, 2008

Hi,
We use Trados 7.1.0.719 (build 719) as a multiple-user version (i.e. not the free-lance one), and our licences are located on a server.
Now I would like to use the file-based TMs from my home office (instead of in-house). I access all my other data (directories, etc.) using a VPN connection but have to add access to the trados server.

What I don't know is whether I need any port numbers in addition to the one specified in the licence manager information of Trados Workbench and if so, which and where to find them.
I really only need the connection to the licences on the servers, not to any server-based TMs or anything else.

Can anyone help me with this?

I tried the Trados KB but didn't find anything that helped (maybe I used to wrong queries) and I also didn't find anything with a forum search here.

Thanks a lot

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Adolph
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Are you not able to open TWB? Jan 17, 2008

Hi Johanne

We have an inhouse network in the office with a file server where our license files are stored in the license manager, and we have the exact same possibilities from home (via remote desktop connection) as inhouse.

Are you not able to open TWB?

rgds,
peter

Johanne
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can open it, but cannot access the licence server Jan 17, 2008

Hi Peter,
I can open the programme as such, but I cannot open a TM because they are all too big for the demo mode and I cannot access the server on which the licences are located. They (the systems people) were going to provide an access but they aren't sure which port numbers they need (in addition to the one given in the licence manager information of the workbench).
I am not sure how to explain this properly because I am not too familiar with how this all works...
Thanks for your reply, though

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which Port numbers are need to access TM licence server?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search