Performance problems with SDL Trados 2007 Freelance
Thread poster: Chrystel
Chrystel
Chrystel
Finnish to Swedish
Jan 16, 2008

Hello,

I have started using Trados 2007 Freelance in October last year with Microsoft Office Word 2007 (system: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service pack 2) and it has worked quite fine until last week. It has not been particurarly slow, closing a segment lasting about 1-2 seconds. However, suddenly one morning when I tried to open Workbench I got the message that there was some problems with my license and that Workbench will close down. It did not close down, however, but
... See more
Hello,

I have started using Trados 2007 Freelance in October last year with Microsoft Office Word 2007 (system: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service pack 2) and it has worked quite fine until last week. It has not been particurarly slow, closing a segment lasting about 1-2 seconds. However, suddenly one morning when I tried to open Workbench I got the message that there was some problems with my license and that Workbench will close down. It did not close down, however, but I made it manually and opened it again to make sure that there was not anything wrong. After that Workbench has been REALLY slow, it lasts for 10-15 seconds to close a segment and I am going crazy with my texts.

Has anybody any idea what could cause this sudden change? My computer is rather new and all other programs are working fine and rapid. I have tried to reorganise the TM, repack the files on my harddisk, delete all unnessessary files and nothing helps. I have thought about reinstalling Trados, but since I do not know if I first have to unistall it, I have not done it. Do You think it could help? And what about my TM if I am reinstalling Trados?

Very thankful for help!

Kind regards,
Chrystel

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-01-16 19:55]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Performance problems with SDL Trados 2007 Freelance

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »