33353 : end of paragraph not found, I do have hard return at the end of the sentence
Thread poster: gacha75
gacha75
gacha75  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:52
English to Japanese
Jan 20, 2008

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to translate this "table of contents" part and when I try to open a segment, Whole table of contents became gray and I get this "33353 : end of paragraph not found" error. Each sentence does have hard return at the end, so I don't understand why Trados can't recognize paragraph.
I use Trados 7.0 with MS word 2000 on Windows XP.
Any suggestion?

Gacha75

[Edited at 2008-01-20 06:10]

Angeliki Papadopoulou
Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 18:52
English to Greek
+ ...
Here's what you do... Jan 20, 2008

The bit you got to is not real text. It is made of headings that are in the text.

So what you do here is pass by the table of contents and continue translating your text normally.

When you are completely finished, go back to the table of contents, right click on it, chose !update field and your translated headings will appear, replacing those in the source language.

If you need to make corrections in the text headings after you have updated the table of con
... See more
The bit you got to is not real text. It is made of headings that are in the text.

So what you do here is pass by the table of contents and continue translating your text normally.

When you are completely finished, go back to the table of contents, right click on it, chose !update field and your translated headings will appear, replacing those in the source language.

If you need to make corrections in the text headings after you have updated the table of contents as I describe it above, correct them in the text and go back and update the field afterwards as needed.

Hope this helps!

Lina

[Edited at 2008-01-20 13:06]
Collapse

gacha75
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Angeliki Jan 20, 2008

Angeliki,

I'll try that....see what happens. I might come back after translating this whole file and go "heeeelp!" here...

Thank you!

Yuko

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
Use TagEditor instead Jan 21, 2008

gacha75 wrote:
I'm trying to translate this "table of contents" part and when I try to open a segment, Whole table of contents became gray and I get this "33353 : end of paragraph not found" error.

I use Trados 7.0 with MS word 2000 on Windows XP.

Hi Gacha,

Angeliki is absolutely right. The TOC in Word is auto-generatied, so there's no point translating it.

AFAIK, TagEditor is better at handling these quirks. If you've messed up, try opening the source in TE instead, and translate to fuzzy against your TM.

/Jan

gacha75
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Feb 3, 2008

I finished my translations and tried what you advised me to, and it works! Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

33353 : end of paragraph not found, I do have hard return at the end of the sentence

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »