Spanish to English
Jan 21, 2008

Hi, I am using

SDL Trados 2007 Freelance 8.0
SDL Multiterm 2007
MultiTerm Desktop, Version 8.0
Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance
Word 2007

I am new to CAT tools. I created a translation memory and created a termbase. However, when I use Word 2007 to begin working on a project, the termbase I created is not accessible through Word even though it is active on the workbench.

In a nutshell this is the problem:
i
... See more
Hi, I am using

SDL Trados 2007 Freelance 8.0
SDL Multiterm 2007
MultiTerm Desktop, Version 8.0
Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance
Word 2007

I am new to CAT tools. I created a translation memory and created a termbase. However, when I use Word 2007 to begin working on a project, the termbase I created is not accessible through Word even though it is active on the workbench.

In a nutshell this is the problem:
i.e. The tab in Word that says Multiterm - when I click "Select termbase" there are no termbases whatsoever there for me to select. When I go back to the workbench it is there, and when I go back to Trados it is there too.

I have tried reading the help areas, etc., but they all just seem to assume the termbase will be there to select, and it just is not.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Denise
Collapse

Josée Desbiens
Josée Desbiens
Canada
Local time: 06:50
English to French
Nearly the same problem... Jan 22, 2008

I have reinstalled Trados Freelance 2006 on my new laptop and I use Word 2003.

I had previously created a Multiterm termbase on my main computer (home network server) but have no access to this MT on my laptop.

Hope someone have an answer for us

Hanne Rask Sonderborg
Hanne Rask Sonderborg
Denmark
Local time: 12:50
Member (2004)
English to Danish
I made copy of the sample TM in Multiterm Jan 30, 2008

I remember struggling with this issue. In the end, I made a copy of the sample TM (the one that comes when you buy the program) in Multiterm to get a TM started that Trados would recognize. It took out the hazzle of creating a structure, since I could then ad/remove to the sample TM (the sample TM has German and English, and German is not one of my languages). If you have already spent time making entries to a TM, you can export them using the catalogue in Multiterm and save the exported file to... See more
I remember struggling with this issue. In the end, I made a copy of the sample TM (the one that comes when you buy the program) in Multiterm to get a TM started that Trados would recognize. It took out the hazzle of creating a structure, since I could then ad/remove to the sample TM (the sample TM has German and English, and German is not one of my languages). If you have already spent time making entries to a TM, you can export them using the catalogue in Multiterm and save the exported file to your computer. You can then import them in your new TM (based on the sample TM), using the catalogue in Multiiterm.Collapse

DCampbell (X)
DCampbell (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:50
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks I'm going to try that Jan 31, 2008

Thanks I'm going to try your suggestion this weekend, when I have time to do battle with Trados and Word : )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2007 Doesn't Locate Multiterm Termbase

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »