Thread poster: Mark Nathan

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:46
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2008

Have successfully installed service pack 2 for Trados, but no luck with the one for Multiterm.
It downloads OK but then I get, "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" and it asks me to find an alternate path to "SDl MultiTerm 2007 Desktop.msi."
I have searched but cannot find it anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:46
English to Dutch
+ ...
Source of the first installation Jan 25, 2008

Hi Mark

You need to enter the address of the msi. It might be that you installed from another source in the network. I had the same error when installing Multiterm SP1 on my laptop, but in my case I found it on my other pc.
It needs the msi file of the original installation. If you can't find it, you'll have to install MultiTerm 2007 again first, I'm afraid.

PS: did you search in the system directories?

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:46
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Release notes Jan 25, 2008

Hi Mark,

The files should be in a temporary folder created during the first installation of Multiterm. I can´t remember exactly where now, but the right path is in the release notes for SP2. Log into your account at Translation Zone, they are right below the dowloadable file, as far as I can remember.
Hope this helps
Marina

Inn Vaaro
Estonia
Local time: 13:46
Finnish to Estonian
+ ...
SDL Trados Service Pack 2 Jan 25, 2008

Hi Mark,

SDL MultiTerm 2007 SP1 is in SDL Trados 2007 SP2 already included - so they mentioned in their email announcing update.

As I understand you do not need to update MultiTerm additionally.

Kind regards,
Inn

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
unpack 444 Jan 25, 2008

Mark Nathan wrote:
Any suggestions?

If you've still got the Multiterm 444.exe, you can run that: the first thing it does is unpack and install the temp files; the .MSI is one of them. You can cancel further (re)installation.
After this the update will install flawlessly (just did this myself)

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jan 25, 2008

Thanks everyone - I ended up reinstalling MultiTerm 2007, which didn't take all that long.
I can see Saitch's suggestion would probably have worked - but I had just finished reinstalling when he posted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't install service pack 1 for MultiTerm 2007

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search