Thread poster: Vlad Poghosyan

Vlad Poghosyan  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 01:41
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 26, 2008

Hello,

I have a problem with SDLX .itd files and not sure how to resolve it. I need to do a translation into Armenian and I set ArialLatArm font going to View-Set Translation font however I can't type in Armenian in the right column (it types in English).

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Vlad

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:41
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Steps before using SDL Edit Jan 27, 2008

I wonder did you set the target language when you create the *.itd file into Armenian or not.
I use Japanese fonts and the same problem occurs when I did not set *.itd file target language carefully.
You may need a UTF-8 coding for target fonts if you still cannot see Armenian in translation. I also met with this problem when my target language is German, French etc. or when I use copy/paste function to input from MS Word texts.

Regards,
Soonthon L.

Armenia
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jan 28, 2008

[Edited at 2008-01-28 05:22]

Armenia
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem still exists Jan 28, 2008

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

I wonder did you set the target language when you create the *.itd file into Armenian or not.
I use Japanese fonts and the same problem occurs when I did not set *.itd file target language carefully.
You may need a UTF-8 coding for target fonts if you still cannot see Armenian in translation. I also met with this problem when my target language is German, French etc. or when I use copy/paste function to input from MS Word texts.

Regards,
Soonthon L.

Hi Soonthon,

Thanks for your reply. The thing is that it was the client who created .itd files for translation and send them to me. As I can see from File-Properties - the target encoding is UTF-8 and this is a Unicode encoding. I am just not sure what the problem is.

Regards,
Vlad

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX - font/typing issue

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search