SDLX - font/typing issue
Thread poster: Vlad Poghosyan

Vlad Poghosyan  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 12:44
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 26, 2008

Hello,

I have a problem with SDLX .itd files and not sure how to resolve it. I need to do a translation into Armenian and I set ArialLatArm font going to View-Set Translation font however I can't type in Armenian in the right column (it types in English).

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Vlad


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:44
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Steps before using SDL Edit Jan 27, 2008

I wonder did you set the target language when you create the *.itd file into Armenian or not.
I use Japanese fonts and the same problem occurs when I did not set *.itd file target language carefully.
You may need a UTF-8 coding for target fonts if you still cannot see Armenian in translation. I also met with this problem when my target language is German, French etc. or when I use copy/paste function to input from MS Word texts.

Regards,
Soonthon L.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Vlad Poghosyan  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 12:44
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jan 28, 2008



[Edited at 2008-01-28 05:22]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Vlad Poghosyan  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 12:44
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem still exists Jan 28, 2008

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

I wonder did you set the target language when you create the *.itd file into Armenian or not.
I use Japanese fonts and the same problem occurs when I did not set *.itd file target language carefully.
You may need a UTF-8 coding for target fonts if you still cannot see Armenian in translation. I also met with this problem when my target language is German, French etc. or when I use copy/paste function to input from MS Word texts.

Regards,
Soonthon L.


Hi Soonthon,

Thanks for your reply. The thing is that it was the client who created .itd files for translation and send them to me. As I can see from File-Properties - the target encoding is UTF-8 and this is a Unicode encoding. I am just not sure what the problem is.

Regards,
Vlad


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX - font/typing issue

Advanced search







SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search