Filter definition not found: Trados Indesign Filter
Thread poster: gassner
gassner
gassner
Local time: 04:02
English to German
Feb 4, 2008

I have Trados 6.5.5 and recently gotten error messages when translating ttx files
in TagEditor. As a result I cannot save (clean) the file - only bilingual.

The message is: Filter definition not found: Trados Indesign Filter

My question: is there something wrong with my Trados or is it the clients fault?

Thank you.

Laura Bergamini
Laura Bergamini
Local time: 22:02
English to Italian
inDesign/Indesign Feb 4, 2008

The fix is simple:

Open your TTX file in Notepad, search for Indesign and replace it with InDesign (notice the uppercase D). Work on your file, do all your local processing with it and before delivering it to the client, open it again in Notepad and change InDesign to Indesign.

This is because Trados changed the name of this filter at some point, and the Trados version you are running is not in synch with the one used by your client to create the TTX from the INX file.<
... See more
The fix is simple:

Open your TTX file in Notepad, search for Indesign and replace it with InDesign (notice the uppercase D). Work on your file, do all your local processing with it and before delivering it to the client, open it again in Notepad and change InDesign to Indesign.

This is because Trados changed the name of this filter at some point, and the Trados version you are running is not in synch with the one used by your client to create the TTX from the INX file.

It works with me all the time... Hope it fixes your problem too.
Laura
Collapse

Elena Robles Sanjuan
Elena Robles Sanjuan  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
The answer is in the Forum Feb 4, 2008

Hello gassner,

This is a much-reported problem for which you will be able to find loads of information in this very Forum.

The problem lies in the fact that some versions of Trados don´t come with the Indesign filter, but there are some workarounds you could try.

Just enter the same words in the search field.

Good luck !

gassner
gassner
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for all the useful tips. Feb 6, 2008

I will try the next time and hope it will work!
Thank you Laura and Elena!

Sandra

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
WARNING Feb 7, 2008

Laura Bergamini wrote:

The fix is simple:

This is because Trados changed the name of this filter at some point, and the Trados version you are running is not in synch with the one used by your client to create the TTX from the INX file.

It works with me all the time... Hope it fixes your problem too.
Laura

Laura's fix was only designed to work between 7.1 and 7.5.
Trados 6.5 does NOT support the INX format, and I really must warn anyone from attempting to translate INX in 6.5, even with various fixes.
Things might look fine at your end, but the resulting file after cleaning is messed up, and won't open properly in InDesign CS2!

The solution: upgrade to 7.1 or higher!

/Jan

Roxana Manucci
Roxana Manucci  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'm having the same problem Feb 27, 2008

I have Trados 8.0 and I'having the same problem. Is there anything I can do. I see that you have answered to upgrade to Trados 7.0 But I'm working with 8.0, is there anything I could do?
Thank you very much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filter definition not found: Trados Indesign Filter

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »