Thread poster: Strastran (X)

Strastran (X)
France
Local time: 21:06
French to English
+ ...
Feb 5, 2008

Hi

I have translated an Excel file which has numerous tabs. It takes around 45 minutes to 'save as target', but when I open the target file, it is still in the source language. No error message is given. I don't know what it is spending 45 minutes doing but whatever it is isn't working!

I am currently separating the tabs from one another to translate it that way, but wonder if there is a quicker solution. Perhaps there's an option I need to tick/untick?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Patrick

Karen Picolin  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:06
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Different Office versions Feb 5, 2008

Hi Patrick,

Whenever I had this problem it was due to the use of a different Office version when the file was created.

I solved this issue, copying the excel file and pasting it (sometimes sheet by sheet) on a nother file and saving it with the same name on the same folder of the bilingual file. The cleanup normally works.

Hope that helps

Strastran (X)
France
Local time: 21:06
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 18, 2008

Thanks Karen, and sorry for the delayed response!

I ended up translating the Excel file tab by tab which obviously took a long time, but next time I will check the versions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor target file still in source language

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search