Problems installing Trados
Thread poster: quincey

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:34
Swedish to English
+ ...
Feb 5, 2008

I have downloaded my Trados files onto another PC, but I am unable to install Trados.
There are 661 different files and I don't know which one I should be 'clicking on'. I have tried contacting Trados directly but have not received any reply.

Any help would be most welcome!

The version is Freelance 6.5 with Word 2003.

Many thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 12:34
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
There's one called setup.exe Feb 5, 2008

I have downloaded my Trados files onto another PC, but I am unable to install Trados. There are 661 different files and I don't know which one I should be 'clicking on'.

what happens, when you click on setup.exe?

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:34
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problems installing Trados Feb 6, 2008

When I click on setup.exe a WinXip box appears with Unzip and Run WinZip buttons, pressing UnZip just unzips the files again and pressing Run WinZip takes me to the WinZip box again! I just seem to be going round in circles!

Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:04
English to Swedish
Just a thought... Feb 6, 2008

Have you extracted all files to a new folder?

I have had this problem in the past, you download a software (which is usually a compressed .zip file), then doubleclick on setup.exe and it won't work. I think the problem is that you try to run setup.exe within the .zip file.

If you extract all files first to a seperate folder then run setup.exe it may work.

Hope this helps

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems installing Trados

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search