https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/96466-tag_editor_closes_on_certain_sections.html

Tag editor - closes on certain sections
Thread poster: Suzanne Smart (X)
Suzanne Smart (X)
Suzanne Smart (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:02
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2008

Hi
I have a couple of small ppt files which I am translating in tad editor (Trados 7). For the most part I can translate without problem but there are a few sections that cause TagEditor to close if I try to move on to the next section or just close it.
The following message appears: "TRADOS TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close". I have had this problem before and didn't manage to solve the problem. Can somebody help this time please?
Thank you

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 07:02
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
"TRADOS TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close" Feb 7, 2008

Software professionals call this kind of a message "the final burp" - the program just gives up. Of course it would be nice to know why, but it does not tell (sg).

I would assume, the sections, where it happens, end on a strange note - try to add a hard break at the end of one of them and check to see what happens.

Suzanne Smart (X)
Suzanne Smart (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:02
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
used demo version Feb 8, 2008

Thanks for your suggestion, it was a good idea but it didn't work.
I think there must be something wrong with my version as I have now translated them with the demo version of Tag editor and that worked ok. I still have a small problem though in that I cannot plug a spell checker into the demo and if I check the spelling in the "proper" version I get the same problem of it crashing! Sometimes I think with Trados and TagEditor I just can't win!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag editor - closes on certain sections

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »