Unable to open the Bilingual segment in Word Environment
Thread poster: Sumana U

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
Feb 9, 2008

Hi,

The file is in MS-Word format, bilingual (translated). I am using Trados 2007, version 8.0.

I am not able to open any segment in Word environment either by clicking on the 'Open' or 'Open/Get' button. This sort of problem is with only one bilingual file.

Could anyone please help me in this regard?

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 02:13
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Turn on Hidden text... Feb 9, 2008

I am not able to open any segment in Word environment

by going to Tools/options and ticking "show all" - I have German Word in front of me, but I hope the description should do.

You would then see, how the segments and Trados "speshals" between them (and source and target) look like.

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is not related to Hide/Show function Feb 11, 2008

I can see both Source and Target translations. But, I am not able to open any segments in that particular file using Trados toolbar.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open the Bilingual segment in Word Environment

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search