Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:14
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Feb 11, 2008

MultiTerm (7.5.0.444 - build 448) refuses its services for TWB 8.2.0.835 (Build 835) - when I try in TWB to activate MultiTerm 7 in the Terminology Provider dropdown box, TWB reports an error and does nothing. No connection.

Is there something I am missing here - like one more version of MultiTerm, numbered 8?! That's at least what my license file is trying to tell me...

TiA

Vito

it's that ERROR (-2147467259): unspecified error and I will go to our translationzone watering hole (sigh) to get yet another patch

[Edited at 2008-02-11 23:25]

SP2_835_Patch (of 22nd Jan) makes no difference.

[Edited at 2008-02-11 23:44]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:14
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MultiTerm does not refuse its services anymore;) Feb 16, 2008

I did the following:
i) checked that my XP was up-to-date (C't mag offline updater is a genuine advantage Plus in this case - http://www.heise.de/ct/projekte/offlineupdate/ - once you download, you can update your system in 24 languages, anything between windows 2000 and Vista) . It did not find anything (!), so

... - I was up-to-date (huh? cant be XP then ...)

ii) checked that my office 2003 was up-to-date (same method - and C't could not find more than I already had - i.e. SP3) - same thing ...

... - I was up-to-date too (huh!? darn, so it's not office either...)

iii) I deinstalled MultiTerm and reinstalled MultiTerm 2007 SP1

....now it works ...

A look into the hind mirror: the error -2147467259 that hung over my head, goes deep deep into the XP entrails and is not at all specific to Trados (google for it). I am pretty sure it has something to do with inter-process communication (Java, ISS, asp corner ...). I have an inkling I may have involontarily succeeded to interfere with ISScript. But I dont care.

Looks like iii would do the trick right away...

I making myself an image of my machine.

Regards and hih

smo

[Edited at 2008-02-16 12:20]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm refuses services in TWB

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search