TagEditor not working ("Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management file"....another error
Thread poster: Rosana Terol
Rosana Terol
Rosana Terol  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:46
German to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 12, 2008

Hi there!

I have just installed my new SDL Trados 2007 SP2 licence in a Windows Vista and Office 2007 environment.

It is suposed that there shouldn't be any incompatibilies, but when trying to open a file in TagEditor I get following error:

"Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management file C:\ProgramData\SDL International\Filter\PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml"

Any ideas?
Have I installed something wrong? For your information,
... See more
Hi there!

I have just installed my new SDL Trados 2007 SP2 licence in a Windows Vista and Office 2007 environment.

It is suposed that there shouldn't be any incompatibilies, but when trying to open a file in TagEditor I get following error:

"Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management file C:\ProgramData\SDL International\Filter\PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml"

Any ideas?
Have I installed something wrong? For your information, I have installed the pack in a non default location (no C:\).

Thanks a million for your help.
Collapse

Rosana Terol
Rosana Terol  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:46
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More data Feb 12, 2008

Now I have seen following window:

"An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator's Workbench Freelance will now close"

What I am suposed to do? Should I reinstall again all?

Thank you for your support.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor not working ("Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management file"....another error

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »