https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/97018-sdlx_stopped_taking_notice_of_matches.html

SDLX stopped taking notice of matches
Thread poster: Roland Nienerza
Roland Nienerza
Roland Nienerza  Identity Verified

Local time: 11:34
English to German
+ ...
Feb 14, 2008

Even 100 % matches stopped to be taken into account, after working on around a dozen of segments - for which the matches were initially correctly displayed and proposed.

Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
check options Feb 14, 2008

Roland Nienerza wrote:

Even 100 % matches stopped to be taken into account, after working on around a dozen of segments - for which the matches were initially correctly displayed and proposed.

check the Automatic TM lookup option, the minumum fuzzy quality and also try to close and reopen the TM

Roland Nienerza
Roland Nienerza  Identity Verified

English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Feb 14, 2008

Luca Ruella wrote:

check the Automatic TM lookup option, the minumum fuzzy quality and also try to close and reopen the TM

This might be the only spot where I did not check for that problem.

In the meantime I have panicked out of SDLX - because I could not find a solution - and I really needed all matches right away - and if they do not display, a CAT tool is useless.

It is ridiculous that these SDLX people even admit their device to behave in such an idiotic manner. At least not, if for a dozen segments matches are given, and then no more, without any intervention by me in the settings.

I have saved your hint - which squares with a similar advice I got in the Yahoo group. - But for now I continue with TagEditor, which works - so far - "normally".

Rgds

Roland Nienerza

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Do they? Feb 14, 2008

Roland Nienerza wrote:

It is ridiculous that these SDLX people even admit their device to behave in such an idiotic manner.

I'd be really curious to know where they did so!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX stopped taking notice of matches

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »