Thread poster: katrelnada

katrelnada  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:15
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 14, 2008

Hi,

I'm working with SDL Trados 2007 (Build 826) with Word 2003. I'm having problems aligning 2 word files (one in English & the other in Arabic) ...I started by stripping the text from formatting & setting up a new alignmnet project. Winalign, after automatically aligning, gives me a message (when I click in the screen to review the alignmnet) that "instruction at "0x004235cb" refernced memory at 0x00000000. Memory cannot be read".

I tried converting the files to rtf, didn't work; tried copying & pasting unformatted text into a new word file, didn't work. I still have the same message. The weirdest thing is that a friend had this problem before & it was solved by accepting all changes in the word file. But now, even this trick is not working. What's wrong? Is there something I'm missing?

Help, pls.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-02-14 07:38]

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:15
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Try PlusTools Feb 14, 2008

PlusTools is a free add-on to Wordfast, and its alignment module is way better than WinAlign! It's simple and truly intuitive to use. You'll save a lot of time - especially in the long run - by simply dumping WinAlign.
To be able to use PlusTools you have to install WF - but the trial version is fine for that purpose, so you don't have to pay anything. In such a configuration WF has limited functionality (TM cannot exceed 500 translation units) but not PlusTools.
See a very detailed description of the alignment procedure with PlusTools here.
Attila

katrelnada  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:15
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can I then import the aligned file (the TM) into SDL Trados TM ? Feb 14, 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that but if I do, can I then import the TM into my global TM in SDL Trados 2007?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble aligning Word 2003 documents with SDL Trados 2007

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search