Restore Default Settings? (TWB no lnger saves bak file, seems to "auto clean-up")
Thread poster: William Pairman

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:25
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Feb 20, 2008

Not sure why but all of a sudden, having opened a word doc, TWB seemed to "auto clean-up" (ie the source text disappears, the segment markers aren't there etc.) Some other odd things (auto capitalises the>"The", puts a full stop after of. for no reason, tho these problems seem to have stopped)

I'm wondering if a default setting restore is possible and whether or not this would solve the problem. I'd rather not uninstall/reinstall if possible.

(should add Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance / Build 826, using Office XP)

[Edited at 2008-02-20 16:21]

Direct link Reply with quote

L10n Engg
English to Arabic
TWB:I guess you should change ur TM, It is better to create fresh TM. Try out this and let me know. Feb 21, 2008

William Pairman wrote:

Not sure why but all of a sudden, having opened a word doc, TWB seemed to "auto clean-up" (ie the source text disappears, the segment markers aren't there etc.) Some other odd things (auto capitalises the>"The", puts a full stop after of. for no reason, tho these problems seem to have stopped)

I'm wondering if a default setting restore is possible and whether or not this would solve the problem. I'd rather not uninstall/reinstall if possible.

(should add Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance / Build 826, using Office XP)

[Edited at 2008-02-20 16:21]

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:25
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 21, 2008

The main problem was the "auto clean-up" - this was solved simply by reclicking on the "Show All" "P" symbol

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Restore Default Settings? (TWB no lnger saves bak file, seems to "auto clean-up")

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search