https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/97676-restore_default_settings_twb_no_lnger_saves_bak_file_seems_to_auto_clean_up.html

Restore Default Settings? (TWB no lnger saves bak file, seems to "auto clean-up")
Thread poster: William Pairman
William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:46
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Feb 20, 2008

Not sure why but all of a sudden, having opened a word doc, TWB seemed to "auto clean-up" (ie the source text disappears, the segment markers aren't there etc.) Some other odd things (auto capitalises the>"The", puts a full stop after of. for no reason, tho these problems seem to have stopped)

I'm wondering if a default setting restore is possible and whether or not this would solve the problem. I'd rather not uninstall/reinstall if possible.

(should add Translator's Wo
... See more
Not sure why but all of a sudden, having opened a word doc, TWB seemed to "auto clean-up" (ie the source text disappears, the segment markers aren't there etc.) Some other odd things (auto capitalises the>"The", puts a full stop after of. for no reason, tho these problems seem to have stopped)

I'm wondering if a default setting restore is possible and whether or not this would solve the problem. I'd rather not uninstall/reinstall if possible.

(should add Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance / Build 826, using Office XP)

[Edited at 2008-02-20 16:21]
Collapse

L10n Engg
L10n Engg
English to Arabic
TWB:I guess you should change ur TM, It is better to create fresh TM. Try out this and let me know. Feb 21, 2008

William Pairman wrote:

(should add Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance / Build 826, using Office XP)

[Edited at 2008-02-20 16:21]

William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:46
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 21, 2008

The main problem was the "auto clean-up" - this was solved simply by reclicking on the "Show All" "P" symbol

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Restore Default Settings? (TWB no lnger saves bak file, seems to "auto clean-up")

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »