https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/97753-automatically_confirming_numbers_in_sdlx_2006.html

Automatically confirming numbers in SDLX 2006
Thread poster: Tim Gutteridge
Tim Gutteridge
Tim Gutteridge
Local time: 21:55
Spanish to English
Feb 21, 2008

I'm hoping there is a really obvious answer for this. I'm currently translating a lengthy Excel file using SDLX 2006. There are quite a lot of numbers in the file which all appear as discreet segments (i.e., no text at all - just the number). Is there any way of automatically confirming all of these segments? I kind of resent having to hit the enter key a few hundred times, and although I could just leave them unconfirmed, that makes it difficult for me to check that the rest of the translation ... See more
I'm hoping there is a really obvious answer for this. I'm currently translating a lengthy Excel file using SDLX 2006. There are quite a lot of numbers in the file which all appear as discreet segments (i.e., no text at all - just the number). Is there any way of automatically confirming all of these segments? I kind of resent having to hit the enter key a few hundred times, and although I could just leave them unconfirmed, that makes it difficult for me to check that the rest of the translation has actually been completed.

I've tried changing the AutoMatch options, reapplyng the TM etc. but no luck, so any help would be really appreciated.

Tim Gutteridge
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 22:55
Italian to German
+ ...
TM apply; Autopropagate Feb 22, 2008

Hi Tim,

just use the "apply TM" before you start translating. This should get you rid of such number phrases. After the apply, they should appear in golden color. Also make sure you have enabled the autopropagate function.

Hope that´s help.

Mike

Tim Gutteridge
Tim Gutteridge
Local time: 21:55
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still not working Feb 25, 2008

Thanks for that, but I'm afraid I'd tried that already and it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the original file (an Excel spreadsheet), although I can't think of what it migh be.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatically confirming numbers in SDLX 2006

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »