How to edit/amend already translated text in Tag Editor?
Thread poster: Renata Swigonska

Renata Swigonska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:10
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 22, 2008

After translation is done in Tag Editor (Tag Editor Version 7), I cannot make any changes in translated text in edition mode. I can of course use button 'Replace', however, I am not satisfied with this solution, as usually I need to make changes in syntax not only in words.

Thanks in advance for your support

Renata Swigonska

Agenor Hofmann-Delbor  Identity Verified
English to Polish
Weird... Feb 22, 2008

Renata Swigonska wrote:

After translation is done in Tag Editor (Tag Editor Version 7), I cannot make any changes in translated text in edition mode. I can of course use button 'Replace', however, I am not satisfied with this solution, as usually I need to make changes in syntax not only in words.

Thanks in advance for your support

Renata Swigonska

There are four options:

1) You're not using Open/Get funcion before making any changes. Before editing/replacing text you need to open the segment. Some users forget about that obvious thing...
2) You have received a document with XU segments (translated with Xtranslate/ContextTM/PerfectMatch). To change them you need to turn off the document protection in Tageditor (click on the lock icon)
3) You're trying to edit a text within a protected tag - again, you need to change the document protection settings.
4) You're using 7.0 version instead of 7.1 - all 7.0 users received a free upgrade to 7.1, which fixed a lot of bugs. Maybe that's one of the bugs in the very old 7.0 versionicon_wink.gif

Cheers,
Agenor

Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Open the segment once again Feb 22, 2008

and edit.

That's all. Have I missed something?

Regards

A.

TranslateWithMe
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
w TagEditorze... Feb 22, 2008

Tools - Options - Protection - odznaczyć Protect document - OK

Katarzyna

Renata Swigonska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS Feb 25, 2008

Thank you very much for all comments. It was very helpful

Renata Swigonska

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search