"Filter Definition not found" doesn't fix changing InDesign to Indesign
Thread poster: Cristina Canivell
Cristina Canivell  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 28, 2008

Hello, everybody,

I am getting the error message " Filter definition not found: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0" when trying to translate a file with TAGEditor.

I have read some previous posts about this problem and followed the instruction about changing InDesign into Indesign with Notepad, but it does not work.

I am working with TRADOS 7.0.0.615 and the only Upgrade I can find in the SDL-TRADOS website is into SDL-TRADOS 2007. Do you think that upgrading would be the solution? Have any of you got the same problem?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
INX files? Feb 28, 2008

If you're translating INX files (from InDesign CS2) , you need version 7.1 and above, as stated in the SDL KB. If it's the case, I think upgrading is your only solution

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 00:39
English to Spanish
Posted on another thread: Feb 28, 2008

I have InDesign CS and Trados 7.1

And I succeeded!

This is the way:

1. On InDesign, use the Type tool "T", and select the text you want to export.

2. Choose File > Export.

3. Specify a name and location for the exported story, and select a text file (.TXT) format under Save as Type. (Additionally, I chose "Unicode" to retain all formatting.)

4. Use Trados TagEditor, translate, save Target as .TXT file. And, even though you can't see a normal .txt file, the Target file produced by TagEditor CAN BE placed back on your InDesign text. This time already translated.

Let me know if this worked.

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Free upgrade to 7.1 Feb 29, 2008

Cristina Canivell wrote:

Hello, everybody,

I am getting the error message " Filter definition not found: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0" when trying to translate a file with TAGEditor.

I have read some previous posts about this problem and followed the instruction about changing InDesign into Indesign with Notepad, but it does not work.

I am working with TRADOS 7.0.0.615 and the only Upgrade I can find in the SDL-TRADOS website is into SDL-TRADOS 2007. Do you think that upgrading would be the solution? Have any of you got the same problem?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Cristina,

Trados 7.0 doesn't support INX files, you can't create lead into gold this way!

You need to get hold of the free upgrade to Trados 7.1. It used to be available as a free download when you log in to SDL "My pages", but with the crash and burn of the customer support it wouldn't surprise me if the patch has been pulled offline. Apologies for my french, but SDL are really going down these days...

Maybe someone here at the forum still has the installer and can send it to you privately?!

/J

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Filter Definition not found" doesn't fix changing InDesign to Indesign

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search