Spell checker not working / no Plugins available
Thread poster: Kathrin Wagner
Kathrin Wagner
Kathrin Wagner  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:52
English to German
Feb 29, 2008

Hi
my Trados version is 7.0 and I am working with Word 2003.

My problem is that since I installed Trados, the spell checker won't work anymore. When I open Tools/Plugins, the window is empty.
As I result Word doesn't respond anymore everytime I try to spell check documents. And I have to close it via Ctrl Alt Del.

I appreciate any help on this. It is a real hassle not being able to spell check documents.
Thanks

Neal Witkowski
Neal Witkowski  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Similar problem Mar 7, 2008

Hi Katherine,

Unfortunately I can't help you, as I am having a similar but not identical problem. I have TRADOS 8 installed as well as MS Word versions 2003 and 2007. In TagEditor, when I go to plug-ins I have three possible spell checkers: WinterTree, Word, and Word 2.0. Unfortunately, neither of the Word checkers work at all. In both cases I get an error that the spelling dictionaries for the target language (English) are not installed, which is nonsense. They are fully functional
... See more
Hi Katherine,

Unfortunately I can't help you, as I am having a similar but not identical problem. I have TRADOS 8 installed as well as MS Word versions 2003 and 2007. In TagEditor, when I go to plug-ins I have three possible spell checkers: WinterTree, Word, and Word 2.0. Unfortunately, neither of the Word checkers work at all. In both cases I get an error that the spelling dictionaries for the target language (English) are not installed, which is nonsense. They are fully functional when I work directly in Word. Perhaps the solution is the same to both of our problems. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Neal
Collapse

Kathrin Wagner
Kathrin Wagner  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:52
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Reinstall? Mar 9, 2008

Hi Neal
all I can recommend is reinstall Trados and see what happens. I my case this way I got the spell check to work in TagEditor. But the problem in WORD persists.

Good luck!
Cheers
Kathrin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell checker not working / no Plugins available

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »