error converting ttx file (Trados 7.5) back to inx file (InDesign CS2)
Thread poster: Vanina Ricciardelli

Vanina Ricciardelli  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 4, 2008

Hi Guys,

I received some inx files, I converted them into ttx, translated them using TagEditor -Trados 7.5- and when I try to convert them back to inx, I get an error message saying: "resource (tag) with has been inserted or modified at control ID '' I tried verifying the tags, I actually corrected some of them to match the source but I still cant convert the file. I've gone through previous posts regarding similar issues but none of the solutions proposed seem to work. Any help???

Thanks!
Vanina

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrej  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:52
Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
One folder Mar 4, 2008

The source inx-File and ttx-File should be in one folder. Then open the ttx in TagEdotor, then File -> Save target and save the inx.

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Clean it Mar 4, 2008

Hi Vanina,

Try cleaning the file with Workbench instead. This might solve your problem.

Regards,
Marina

Vanina Ricciardelli  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
neither cleanup nor save target as works Mar 4, 2008

I've tried both and I get the same error message. Any other suggestion?

Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
The same folder Mar 4, 2008

Are the inx file und the ttx file in the same folder? They shoud be in the same folder as I said.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:52
English to Czech
+ ...
Use "across" Mar 4, 2008

Hi Vanina,
I had the same problem two or three times. It seems like Trados is of little use when it comes to DTP formats.
The thing I did was:
1) Download "across" from www.across.net; it's free for freelancers
2) Export your Trados TM to TMX
3) Import your Trados TMX TM to across
4) Translate the INX using across (it should only take a few minutes because you are using the TM you created previously)
5) Finalise your across translation.

It's a bit more complicated but across seems to be very stable when working with INX files.

GOOD LUCK!

Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
No problems at all Mar 4, 2008

There are no problems with DTP formats in Trados (though I prefer Transit XV).

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Stepwise retranslation Mar 5, 2008

You could start with a fresh source file and translate the first 10 percent, save to target and try to import. If it is ok, take the next portion, until you know, where the problem is.
I have'nt had any problems with inx in Trados except one large file where Trados would strike on saving.
Regards
Heinrich

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
I have exactly the same problem as Vanina Mar 23, 2008

The error report is exactly the same. I cannot save as target nor clean up. We might be working on the same inx file (different target languages).

I had Trados 7.0, then I tried to solve the problem by upgrading to Trados 2007.

Once I upgraded I was forced to redo the translation all over, as the TU sementation was different. And once I have finished... the result is still: Resource (tag) with ID '' has been inserted or modified at Control ID ''. File skipped!

Another nasty surprise was that the "concurrent" installation mentioned in Trados documentation would not work. Contrary to what is written in the documentation the install program for Trados 2007 specifically required disinstalling Trados 7. As I could not take the risk of loosing my ability to work with Trados (without trying to reisntall from v. 6.5, and patches and upgrades and patches up to my earlier version 7), I was forced to pay for the upgrade before seeing the effect.

I will now try Stanislav and Heinrich's suggestions...

Vanina, will you please let me know if you found a solution in the mean time?

[Edited at 2008-03-23 22:05]

amberwolf
Local time: 11:52
Common problem? Mar 23, 2008

Hi Vanina

I've encountered the same problem with several different files (using v2007), at first I thought it was because the source INX file was changed after the TTX file was created. However, I had the same problem with some files which I'm sure have not been changed. Unfortunately, the only solution I have is to clean the file up to a new TM, and reprocess the file (Translate to Fuzzy).

(I also find it easier to have the tags set to Partial View, I then copied all tags from the source segment again.)

Sorry I don't have a solution, only a (long-winded) workaround

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Solution found! Mar 24, 2008

After much digging I found the solution at http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/kb/article.aspx?aid=1723

After all I could save a target inx. But fuzzy retranslation required a few hours of work. Moreover the display of the inx file in Tageditor is all wrong: many sentences are displayed twice, with differing segmentations. Fuzzy translation jumps over the second occurrence of the same sentence. If I try to access that "false" TU by using the cursor, or TagEditor crashes!!

I have also posted a copy of the above article at
http://ita.proz.com/post/817375#817375

[Modificato alle 2008-03-24 06:55]

Christian Schneider  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Where can I find this HotFix? Sep 12, 2012

I am encountering the same problem and I am in the middle of a job.
I am not able to find tthat HotFix on the SDL site.
Please... can anbody provide a link or send me that Hotfix ... it'S urgent.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error converting ttx file (Trados 7.5) back to inx file (InDesign CS2)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search