Download to run SDL Synergy under Vista 64
Thread poster: Karin and Folke Nettelblad (Folia Textproduktion HB)
Karin and Folke Nettelblad (Folia Textproduktion HB)
Sweden
Local time: 16:46
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 10, 2008

It's quite an annoying fact that SDL Synergy will not run under 64 bit Vista (the major reason really just being that SDL compiled it with the wrong settings).

So, my son wrote a small launcher software that will allow it to do so.

You can find it here: http://85.225.97.213/SynergyLauncher.html

Please follow the instructions on the web page and save the fil
... See more
It's quite an annoying fact that SDL Synergy will not run under 64 bit Vista (the major reason really just being that SDL compiled it with the wrong settings).

So, my son wrote a small launcher software that will allow it to do so.

You can find it here: http://85.225.97.213/SynergyLauncher.html

Please follow the instructions on the web page and save the file in the Synergy program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL International\SDL Trados Synergy 2007)

You must then start THE NEW PROGRAM (you could put a shortcut in your Start Menu), not the main Synergy application. The small program opens a process in 32-bit mode and then launches Synergy.

It does work, so far that you can run Synergy, but we have so far not done any extensive testing, so no guarantees are made.

Please report any problems to my son: cnettel at tele2.se

Regards,

Folke A. Nettelblad
Collapse

Mohamed
Mohamed  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
Not available anymore? Jan 5, 2009

Thanks Folke to you and your son. It seems the file is not available anymore. Would you please send the files to me? I am having the same problem here and it would be great

Thanks a million.

Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Link is down, send me an e-mail Jan 5, 2009

To Mohamed and anyone else interested: The link is currently down, but please send me an e-mail message and I will send yout the launcher file.

Folke Nettelblad

Cristina Gama
Cristina Gama  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:46
English to Portuguese
SDL SYNERGY UNDER VISTA 64 Jun 3, 2011

Could you please, send me the link. Thank you.

Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
E-mail address Jun 4, 2011

There is currently no download link, but I could send you the launcher in an e-mail.

Please note however, that this launcher program will only be of help for running Trados Synergy 2007 under 64 bit Vista. It will NOT be a solution for any other problems with any SDL software.

If this is what you need, please let me know your e-mail address, so I could send you the launcher as an attachment.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Download to run SDL Synergy under Vista 64

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »