https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/99443-problem_after_cleanup_in_sdl_trados_2007.html

problem after cleanup in sdl trados 2007
Thread poster: Martine Soulet (X)
Martine Soulet (X)
Martine Soulet (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:30
English to French
+ ...
Mar 11, 2008

Hello,

I am working on a small size Word file (around 700 k). When I launched cleanup in SDL Trados 2007, my 1st try ended up by an error: (50202) Word cannot convert the document due to an OLE/COM or an error in the file name". I changed the name of the file and launched the cleanup again but the same error occurred. So I saved my file in rtf (which gave a 7Mb file) and then, the cleanup "finished successfully" but when I want to open the file, nothing happens. I have Office 2003,
... See more
Hello,

I am working on a small size Word file (around 700 k). When I launched cleanup in SDL Trados 2007, my 1st try ended up by an error: (50202) Word cannot convert the document due to an OLE/COM or an error in the file name". I changed the name of the file and launched the cleanup again but the same error occurred. So I saved my file in rtf (which gave a 7Mb file) and then, the cleanup "finished successfully" but when I want to open the file, nothing happens. I have Office 2003, so I don't think it's a compatibility problem.

Any idea about how to be able to open the cleaned file ?

Thanks in advance
Martine
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Use a macro instead Mar 11, 2008

In Word, go to Tools > Macro > Macros > tW4Clean.Main, click Run.

Note: this does not update the TM. It's only for cleaning.

A.

Martine Soulet (X)
Martine Soulet (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
my problem Mar 11, 2008

doesn't concern the cleanup in itself but how to open the file afterwards...

Thanks anyway
Martine

[Modifié le 2008-03-11 11:50]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Forget about the cleaned rtf file Mar 11, 2008

open the uncleaned Word file, use the macro described by Andrzej and that's it.
Your TM is already actualised by the cleanup of the rtf file.
OTOH if the rtf file is getting that big, something is damn wrong with the source doc.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem after cleanup in sdl trados 2007

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »