SDL TRADOS 2006 pefectly runs on VISTA
Thread poster: beholder
beholder
Local time: 21:59
English to Turkish
Mar 12, 2008

Hi, everybody
I have been using SDL TRADOS 2006 on VISTA+OFFICE 2003 for months perfectly and it’s so fast:)))

STEPS:

1. Logon with administrator mode : First you'll need to open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing "Run as administrator". Now type the following command:
net user administrator /active:yes Logout and you should see an "Administrator" account available. Un-doing the tweak requires running nearly the same command, but with /active:no at the end.
2. turn off UAC and vista firewall
3. right click trados setup.exe and select properties
4. click ‘’Compatibility’’ tab
5. select ‘’ Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows Xp (Service Pack 2)’’ click OK
6. again, right click setup.exe and ‘’Run as administrator’’
7. install trados
8. now, open SDL INTERNATIONAL installation folder C:\Program Files\SDL INTERNATIONAL and you need to make same process as in 3, 4 and 5 steps (select '’ Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows Xp (Service Pack 2)’’ click OK) for all trados applications.( tageditor, winalign, tw4win, multiterm, licenseconsole, flexlm, lmtools, lmborrow,...all of them.)
9. allow to communicate in the Vista Firewall for all trados applications and now If you want, you can turn on Vista Firewall (DON’T OPEN ‘’UAC’’!!).
10. now you can logon with your user account and you need to repeat that steps 8 and 9 again.

THATS ALL:))) ENJOY!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

tvtruc
Vietnam
Local time: 01:59
English to Vietnamese
Will Your Trick works on Trados 7 freelance? Mar 12, 2008

Thanks for your tip Salih AKIN!

I just wondering if your trick works for Trados 7?

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:59
English to French
Thank you for sharing Mar 12, 2008

I will keep good note of it when I have no other choice than to use Vista when buying a new computer. Given the amount of other apps that I will have to upgrade, the later, the better.
Philippe

Julia Esrom  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:59
German to English
+ ...
also thanks for sharing Mar 12, 2008

Great news! Thanks for sharing. I wonder if anyone else has successfully used this trick...

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 04:59
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Trick? Mar 12, 2008

Ok, what am I missing: I have been running both SDL Trados 2006 and later 2007 on Vista and Office 2003 for many months without a problem and without using this trick, I just installed it and logged on as usual. I didn't realize the described steps are necessary, I didn't need to use them.

*scratch head*

beholder
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 7+Vista Mar 13, 2008

tvtruc wrote:

Thanks for your tip Salih AKIN!

I just wondering if your trick works for Trados 7?

Hi tvtruc,

SDL 2006 and Trados 7 are smilar versions of TRADOS (SDL 2006 = v7.5). So, I think it should works (I’m not sure). Try it. Bye...

beholder
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
You should be so lucky, Nicole. Mar 13, 2008

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A. wrote:

Ok, what am I missing: I have been running both SDL Trados 2006 and later 2007 on Vista and Office 2003 for many months without a problem and without using this trick, I just installed it and logged on as usual. I didn't realize the described steps are necessary, I didn't need to use them.

*scratch head*

Hi Nicole ,

You are so lucky. Because usually, SDL Trados 2006 does not properly run on Vista without any trick. I would like to be in your shoes. Take care of yourself. Bye...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS 2006 pefectly runs on VISTA

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search