"Subsegment not found" in footnotes
Thread poster: sarah grosvenor

sarah grosvenor  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:26
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 12, 2008

Hello! I am trying to translate footnotes in Trados Freelance v7, but every time I press Alt+[+] it says "Subsegment not found".

I know there was a posting about this a year ago, and someone posted a link to the SDL trados site that provided a solution. But that link no longer works because the SDL trados page says it is under construction. Does anyone have the solution for fixing this problem?

Gratefully
Sarah

Direct link Reply with quote

Alain Pommet  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:26
Member (2006)
French to English
Try this Mar 27, 2008

Hi, I'm pretty new to Trados and had the same problem. I use a French keyboard using windows Xp and got it to work by changing the keyboard setting to 'EN'.

Alain Pommet  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:26
Member (2006)
French to English
Few more notes Apr 14, 2008

Actually, I found that by just 'pretending' it was an English keyboard worked. On my French keyboard this means pressing Alt+& for the first footnote in the sentence and Alt+é for the second etc.

[Edited at 2008-04-14 13:50]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Subsegment not found" in footnotes

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search