"Subsegment not found" in footnotes
Thread poster: sarah grosvenor

sarah grosvenor  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:36
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 12, 2008

Hello! I am trying to translate footnotes in Trados Freelance v7, but every time I press Alt+[+] it says "Subsegment not found".

I know there was a posting about this a year ago, and someone posted a link to the SDL trados site that provided a solution. But that link no longer works because the SDL trados page says it is under construction. Does anyone have the solution for fixing this problem?

Gratefully
Sarah

Direct link Reply with quote

Alain Pommet  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:36
Member (2006)
French to English
Try this Mar 27, 2008

Hi, I'm pretty new to Trados and had the same problem. I use a French keyboard using windows Xp and got it to work by changing the keyboard setting to 'EN'.

Alain Pommet  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:36
Member (2006)
French to English
Few more notes Apr 14, 2008

Actually, I found that by just 'pretending' it was an English keyboard worked. On my French keyboard this means pressing Alt+& for the first footnote in the sentence and Alt+é for the second etc.

[Edited at 2008-04-14 13:50]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Subsegment not found" in footnotes

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search