Thread poster: Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Mar 12, 2008

Hello!

I have a question regarding 100% and 99% matches (as multiple translations).

I have 10+ translators working on the same TM. They also use Project and Filter Settings.

Let's say they have a sentence "The cat is red." The first translator makes a translation and returns the translation in the TM as a 100% match.

When the next translator gets the sentence "The cat is red." as a 100% match if he makes no change to the translation the project
... See more
Hello!

I have a question regarding 100% and 99% matches (as multiple translations).

I have 10+ translators working on the same TM. They also use Project and Filter Settings.

Let's say they have a sentence "The cat is red." The first translator makes a translation and returns the translation in the TM as a 100% match.

When the next translator gets the sentence "The cat is red." as a 100% match if he makes no change to the translation the project and filter settings merge with the ones from the first translator. All fine up to here.

If the translator No.2 changes the 100% match "The cat is red." to, let's say "The cat is red and cute." both sentences are saved in the TM as 2 99% matched.

The correct outcome should be the same 100% match with the sentence "The cat is red and cute." and with an attribute "Changed by: Translator No. 2".

The problem is that more and more 99% matches are popping up in the TM instead of 100% matches.

Any ideas what would be the problem? "Update attribute and text fields" settings are both set to "Merge". Penalties Setting is set to 0.

If we do not use project and filter settings at all then this issue is not present.

P.S.: another question: Is there a way that I could pretranslate lets say 100 ttx files from the TM and lock 100% matched for editing (aka context tm)?

Kind regards,
Sebastijan
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:30
English to Czech
+ ...
Check your TM options Mar 13, 2008

Hi Sebastijan,
make sure the "Allow multiple translations for identical source segments" checkfield in the TM settings is unchecked.
I don't know exactly but this might do the trick.

Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am aware of this option, but .. Mar 13, 2008

Hi Stanislav!

I ticked this option when creating the termbase because we need this option since some identical segments are from different fields (motor, air conditioning, transmission) and translators need the options "add as new translation" along with appropriate project settings.

One option for so many 99% matches is that translators use translate to fuzzy and when the segment stops, they don't use "get translation" command to confirm the match as a 100% match.
... See more
Hi Stanislav!

I ticked this option when creating the termbase because we need this option since some identical segments are from different fields (motor, air conditioning, transmission) and translators need the options "add as new translation" along with appropriate project settings.

One option for so many 99% matches is that translators use translate to fuzzy and when the segment stops, they don't use "get translation" command to confirm the match as a 100% match.

Kind regards,
Sebastijan

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi Sebastijan,
make sure the "Allow multiple translations for identical source segments" checkfield in the TM settings is unchecked.
I don't know exactly but this might do the trick.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with 100% matches

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »